LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Loosechange911
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 12:59 am
--- description ---
My friends and I are hosting an open tournament that bans Ithilien Blade and uses pre-shadow sites. Smile Anything else goes. I plan on running my wounding FP side along with this uruk beatstick deck. The idea is that since there are no blades to fear, a deck with fewer (but beastier) minions should do well, especially with wound negation.
--- end description ---

Type your decklist and strategy notes here.

32 Cards

Uruk Regular x4
Uruk Captain x3
Invincible Uruk x3
Lurtz, Servant of Isenguard x3
Uruk Rogue x3
Uruk Vanguard x3
Grima, Wormtongue

Savagery to Match their Numbers x4
Broad-Bladed Sword x4
Suffered Much Loss x2
Saruman’s Power x2

A site two Uruk Rogue with sword spells GG against just about every deck (except IB Smile ) I can think of. This deck tries to pump out at least one beasty a turn that simply can’t be beat. Against wounding decks I use the sword and invincible uruk to maximum effect. Against beatdown decks I say, "have fun dealing with savagery." Suffered Much Loss is in here to trigger Uruk Vanguard and Invincible Uruk, and I just threw a Grima in here because I’m sure I’ll see at least one fully tanked Durin Laughing

How does this look? Comments and suggestions are always welcome!

www.loosechange911.com
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:14 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
How are you going to get enough twilight?

I love the deck. It’s just plain nasty! But here’s an idea-why not use Brutality + Suffered Much Loss? At the later sites, it’s amazing. A really cheap +6 strength pump!!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
TheHobbit13
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:39 pm
Archery would Rip this deck apart Twisted Evil . It just seems like it needs sumthing Think
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 4:30 pm
Broad-bladed sword and Invincible Uruk take archery decks, and pretty much tap-dances on their heads. Figuritively speaking. I love savagery, but if you’re running Suffered Much Loss, brutality is good.

I was about to mention hobbits or solo smeagol as a good adversary, but you have two Saruman’s Power. I hate that card. But it works well here.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Loosechange911
Posted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:08 pm
Brutality is a good card here. but has anyone considered Lurtz’s Battle Cry? The extra damage +1 on an uruk-hai could spell doom to any companion with only 3 vitality remaining. The -1 Str wouldn’t be that big of an issues considering the size of most of my minions........and savagery Twisted Evil

Archery.... please. Invincible Uruk is, well, invincible. Not quite, but he tears through wounding decks with ease. I will admit that it’s possible to get past Broad-Bladed Sword, e.g. Slaked Thirsts + Eowyn, but very difficult.

Any other ocmments?
donimator
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:48 pm
Are you posting this deck with any format in mind? ’Cuz Savagery to Match Their Numbers is R-listed in Expanded.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Loosechange911
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:40 pm
well, considering I posted this deck in the Open Decks section....... Smile
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:41 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
You know, you could probably drop Grima, because if you get enough Uruks out there, you don’t have to worry about tanks, since the other companions are going down anyway.

Lurtz’s Battle Cry is a nice card in a pinch. Brutality would still be an awesome card when comboed with SML.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open