LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
michael knight
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:33 am
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Fellowship

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges w/ Ring of Rings

Dead Man of Dunharrow (starting)
Oathbreaker (starting)
Smeagol, Always Helps (starting)
4 Swept Away
4 Stronger and More Terrible
2 Spectral Sword
2 Follow Smeagol
3 Don’t Look at them
1 Gimli’s Helm
1 Dwarven Bracers
1 Arod
1 Ring Of Retribution
1 hand Axe
1 Dwarven Armor
1 Gimlis’ Battle Axe (Fellowship)
3 Calculated Risk
3 Proud and Able
4 Aggression
2 Blood Runs Chill
2 Sleepless Dead
1 King of the Dead
1 Shadow Host
1 Cursed of Erech

Shadow

3 Retribution
1 Forced March
3 Enemy Upon Enemy
4 Demoralized
4 Goblin Hordes
2 Cave Troll’s Hammer
3 Orc Spear
1 Orkish Smith
1 Scavenging Goblins
1 Howling Orc
2 Picket Denizen
2 Troll’s Keyward
3 Prowling Orc
3 Rallying Orc
2 Emboldened Orc
3 Beastly Olog-Hai
2 Ordanance Grunt
2 Cave Troll of Moria, Savage Menace

Sites

Abandoned Mine Shaft (0)
Bridge of K.D (0)
Cavern Entrance (1)
Neekerbreeker’s Bog (1)
Moria Stairway (2)
West Gate (2)
Chamber of Mazrabul (2)
Moria guardroom (3)
Dammed Gate Stream (3)

Strategy

Fellowship

Cycle like crazy using don’t look at them, calculated risk and aggression. All the threats from Smeagol and Gimli can be removed with Stronger and More Terrible. The most important thing to remember is don’t ever play Swept away until you have at least one stronger and more terrible down. If you do, you will be in trouble. Swept away adds threat each time you move, and you need to add a threat to play stronger and more terrible. You will end up with no way to remove threats you will lose swept away, giving the shadow player a good opportunity to lay the smack down all over you. The fellowship is designed to survive and cycle to set up the shadow. You can run a bit, but don’t get too crazy with it!

Shadow

I call this side Troll swarm, because the idea is to use the lurkers to generate twilight (rallying orc + demoralized = good times) so you can get the troll’s out easily. A troll with a spear or the hammer will add a burden or two with retribution, letting you replay your lurkers with enemy upon enemy next turn. Use the Hordes to keep pulling the trolls out, unless you lose your lurkers and need to reset. If you get 3 or 4 trolls down and a handful of lurkers, somebody is going to be in pain. Especially if you do it 2 or 3 sites in a row. The best if dropping a bunch of lurkers, then toil out th ecave troll for free, hook him up with his hammer for more exertions, then play some more trolls. With 4 Hordes out you can get all 6 trolls out pretty easily. Again, this deck is subject to condition removal, but if you are smart you can still use the lurkers to swarm after you lose the conditions.
One Man Can Make A Difference
Cave Troll of Moria
Posted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 5:47 pm
I like the stratagey with this deck, and how it works overall. May want to cut down on some of the cards. Maybe add another Orc Spear and drop that Orkish Smith. I never was a big fan of enduring wraiths but it looks pretty good. My overall grade for this deck is a B+.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:23 pm
I don’t get why you have gimli as your Ring bearer you might be better of with frodo. Besides frodo does’nt corrupt as easy.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 1:45 am
Yeah, and with Gimli you can’t add threats (because wraiths max out threats) and thus have to add burdens.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
kalai.dragunov
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 9:45 pm
Quote:
Yeah, and with Gimli you can’t add threats (because wraiths max out threats) and thus have to add burdens.

Have you never heard of the card "Stronger and More Terrible"? Play all four, and that’s four threats gone every time a wraith wins a skirmish. I have Boromir, Bearer of Council, Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms, Aragorn, Strider, and Smeagol, Always Helps as my starting fellowship in my wraith deck, and I often find that I don’t have enough threats (see- At His Command) because my darned wraiths keep winning against the Balrog. The reason I use this starting fellowship is because I needed a better ringbearer than Frodo (Scroll of Isildur, The One Ring, The Ring of Rings give Boromir good resistance), I need Aragorn for At His Command and King of the Dead, Oathbreaker, Isildur is just plain old good, and I dont want to bother having to pick up three Aragorn cards after he has already died. Also, Elessar’s Edict might give you the edge for getting around the threats you don’t want to hand out.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open