LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Pywils
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:54 am
--- description ---
evil men archery
--- end description ---

Type your decklist and strategy notes here.
Cards 36

Minions (19)
Fletcher of Harad (3)
Archer of Harad (4)
Ferocious Haradrim (2)
Mumak Rider(3)
Desert Wind (3)
•Gríma, Footman of Saruman (2)
•Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop (2)

Possessions: (3)
Long Battle Bow (3)

Conditions: (6)

Howdah (4)
Rapid Reload (2)

Events: (9)

Elevated Fire (4)
Poisonous Words (2)
Blood Thirsty (2)

Pretty Straight forward archery deck, and you’ve seen it all before. Poisonous Words might be a newby for some of you, but normally I get it to add 5 or so, with normally 5 minions and a couple of Howdah ’s in play, Long Battle Bow ’s. This forms a stellar combination with Elevated Fire, or in other words, event that rocks the world. Rapid Reload gets you even more archery and ends that annoying site repalcement. Blood Thirsty almost always kills a companian in the regroup phase a trick under my sleeve.
JayPL
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:41 am
What I would do:

toss Fletcher of Harad unless you have decent path control to play Plains
go for 4 Mumak Rider ’s - he is very useful in disarming the fellowship from Dwarven Bracers, Ithilien Blade, Elven Bow or other annoying equipment
Desert Wind - it is really hard to balance activating tokens on Howdahs with this guy’s ability. consider Southron Murderer instead

add 2-3 copies of The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor, to get your conditions (and possessions) early
Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings is a must (2-3 as well)

Long Battle Bow - IMO too costly, Voice of the Desert will do the job better (in 2nd region)
Pavise and Countless Companies will be more useful, especially combined with Mumak Commander’s ability

if you use all 4 slots for Howdah, i believe 3 x Howdah + 1x Caravan From the South will be more effective

Poisonous Words - I prefer Pursuing Horde (2-3 copies), it gives you an additional boost to Archer of Harad and works every turn (on those who are still alive Twisted Evil )
Bloodthirsty - it is rare that 2 of your minions will survive through skirmishes (how do you manage to play 5 minions at a time?) , IMO Whistling Death is much more effective (and works with ALL companions)

why don’t you have Precision Targeting? - it really helps with large, vital fellowships (Hobbits, Ents)

Evil Men Archery is one of my favourites - wish you luck with this deck Very Happy
Pywils
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 5:11 pm
thank you very much. i gotta get a couple of those cards, but i really see where your comin from. thanks
TheHobbit13
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 2:34 pm
Mumak commander giant among swertings would help your deck
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded