LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:46 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:

PS: Out of theme question, but, in Boros, what do you guys think would be the best answer to D-Storm? Honorable Passage, Circle of Protection: Red, Luminesce or Pull from Eternity?

That’s a good question... I think that’s a large reason on the whole drop in popularity of Boros. I would say probably Wrath plus lifegain (helix maindeck should suffice). There’s not really a good answer... Wrath hurts. Fetters wouldn’t do enough against them, I don’t think, and Cop means you’ve got your mana locked down forever.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:56 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Wrath in aggro? Ouch... I meant an aggro tool. So far, I’m inclined to go with Honorable Passage. You force damage through in the beggining, and then redirect the last points in.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:58 am
Felipe Musco wrote:
Wrath in aggro? Ouch... I meant an aggro tool. So far, I’m inclined to go with Honorable Passage. You force damage through in the beggining, and then redirect the last points in.

But the problem is if you have a Cop red or something out, they’ll just maul your whole board with dragons coming into play and swing at you after that.

Honorable passage won’t save you... they’ll not be able to attack first turn anyway, so it’s 20 damage + four almost unphasably huge blockers. I don’t think you can push any damage in. If you try another passage, they’ll be able to counter the second one/third one.

I don’t view Cop as an agro tool, either for the record.

I guess I’m really trying to say that there aren’t agro tools that can deal with D-storm very well. If control AND agro beat combo with ease, it would be very good, would it? I recommend trying to do anything you can to up the burn count.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:07 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Gotcha what you meant. I’ll still check more, after all, if a Bogardan Hellkite comes into play, Honorable Passage becomes 5 burn for 2, as they are usually tapped out for the winning turn anyway, unless they try the Storage Land + Gigadrowse trick, in which case the clock rises, and that favors me. But for now, since I’m not playing Boros anymore, I’ll have to accept the fact that Gruul has no REAL answers to it. Maybe Planar Chaos will give me something I can use...
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:58 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Gotcha what you meant. I’ll still check more, after all, if a Bogardan Hellkite comes into play, Honorable Passage becomes 5 burn for 2, as they are usually tapped out for the winning turn anyway, unless they try the Storage Land + Gigadrowse trick, in which case the clock rises, and that favors me. But for now, since I’m not playing Boros anymore, I’ll have to accept the fact that Gruul has no REAL answers to it. Maybe Planar Chaos will give me something I can use...

If you use passage as a burn for five, you’ve not tapped out. Usually, in agro you tap out until either you run out of gas or they die.

I hope you do find something in P.C. (lol PC Very Happy )

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)