LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
eomund
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:42 pm
It’s not a very complex idea - bring out some good companions, and pump them up with mounts and weapons. The goal is to win skirmishes, dealing multiple wounds from mounts and damage +1, so that you can kill minions and scream along the Adventure path.

I’m thinking of actually building it, so any comments/criticisms are appreciated.

Ringbearer: Frodo, Courteous Halfling
    Ring: The One Ring, Answer to all Riddles
    Starting Fellowship: Eomer, Merry, Frodo

Events:

Ever the Hope of Men (x3)
    Fey he Seemed OR Work for the Sword (x4)
    Where now the horse?

Companions:

Aragorn, Defender of Rohan
    Eomer, Skilled Tactician
    Eowyn, Restless Warrior
    Gamling, Warrior of Rohan
    Haleth, Son of Hama
    Merry, Noble Warrior
    Theoden, The Renowned
    Theodred, Second Marshal of the Mark

Possesions:

Brego
    Eomer’s Spear
    Eowyn’s Sword
    Firefoot, Eomer’s Steed
    Herugrim
    Horse of Great Stature
    Merry’s Armour
    Merry’s Sword
    Rider’s Bow (x4)
    Rider’s Mount (x4)
    Rider’s Spear (x4)

Conditions:

Freely across our Land
    King’s Board
    With strength to Fight

Strategy:

The strategy is dirt simple - pile companions with possesions, and then kill things with them. This is a high-cost deck (each companion will cost 6 or 7 by the time you equip them fully), so don’t let your companions die.

The Answer to all Riddles gives frodo some extra vitality, so he can take extra exertions, threat wounds, etc, and save your fighters for combat. With Strength to fight can also help, and Freely Across our Land can pick up discarded possesions however they were lost.

As stated earlier, this deck is designed not only to win most skirmishes, but to kill the minions involved; any companion with a mount (exert each minion), a spear (damage +1 while mounted), and a Fey He Seemed (damage +1 against a wounded minion - you can thank your horse later) can knock out a Vitality 4 minion after winning combat.

Depending on your site path, any possesion-bonus sites (ie Moria Stairway) or Rohan-bonus sites (ie Minas Tirith Fourth Circle) would be good to use.

A possesion-oriented shadow deck would also be good - any ideas other than warg riders?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:34 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Possession-oriented shadow...the new Wargs are looking pretty beastly, as do the Men possessions.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:34 pm
A lot like my Rohan deck. I reccomend not running Merry, and starting Gamling, Defender of the Hornburg and Hrethel, Rider of Rohan.

And I pair my deck with warg-riders (with a couple copies of Abandoning reason for madness, to potentially burn wargs and run a swarm if neccessary.)

And running a possession oriented shadow is great for sites. Cards like Fords of Isen and Helm’s Gate would be great for your shadow and fellowship.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats