LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:29 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh yeah I believe it is R-listed though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:27 pm
Okay, I’m voting. The article is ok, but that’s it, ok. Its not really that ingenious or new. The lack of a matchup section penalized it at least one level. And you have tons of typos. However, a somewhat solid article, a good deck, but just didn’t strike me as a top-notch article. So, I give it a 3.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 12:23 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sickofpalantirs wrote:
oh yeah I believe it is R-listed though.

Nope. It’s not on any lists. Decipher has to have a member vote before it X’s or R’s anything in Expanded, and it never got around to voting on Demoralized.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
LeeRoy Jenkins
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:16 pm
I think you are quite wrong with your explanation of Broad-bladed sword.

It says you can only take wounds during skirmish phases and it doesn’t say "only wounds from losing a skirmish". So all wounds can be assigned to the bearer as long as the bearer is skirmishing or another minions is skirmishing. In other words: As long as you are in the skirmish phase the sword is only a strength enhancer.

Please correct me, if I am the one who is wrong. Think
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:26 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
No, that’s entirely right, since it says "skirmish phases". If it said "except during a skirmish", it would be completely different. But because it says "phases", it lasts for all skirmishes.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
macheteman
Posted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:14 pm
it is good to see an article from you LC911. you had some interesting points, and some good ideas. you could really take this article to a new level if you put a little more work in, and added some more decks based on the great ways to add wounds you talked about, or a mach-up section. it would be really cool to see a deck backed by elves, or gimli, legolas, eowyn start. you did give me an idea to have a three-hunters/eowyn fellowship.

overall, the article was decent and easy to read, but could have been much better with some extra work.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:33 pm
NBarden wrote:
gagnut, why are you so pessimistic?

That’s just my opinion, most of the strategies I’ve seen are based on newer sets, and Free Peoples.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sperzdechly
Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:29 pm
Good article and poor deck at the end.
JayPL has written most of the things I had on my mind during reading. I would certainly add Merry, Swordthain to play back key-possesions, change Dernhelm’s Blade to Spear of the Mark and add some Unheeded/ Shadowplay to get rid of nastly minions like Rallying Orc or Mumak Commander, before they mess around.

Generally I enjoyed your article. It’s a pitty that you finished it with suach a deck...but I think you deserve 4. Just to keep you writing. Hope I’ll able to give you 5 for your next one!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest