LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)
mr.otto
Posted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:54 am
Achieve this combo by attaching a Freed from the Real to a Fyndhorn Elder with an Orochi Leafcaller in play. Then you can tap Fyndhorn to get GG mana. Use Orochi to make one of the G’s to U. Use Freed from the Real to untap Fyndhorn. You are now back to the starting position with one extra mana. Use this loop to build up infinite mana. Then unleash for infinite life with Stream of Life or infinite damage with Blaze or Conflagrate.

Dizzy Spell can be used to transmute for Orochi Leafcaller, Stream of Life, Blaze, or Conflagrate.
Drift of Phanatasms can be used to get Freed from the Real or Fyndhorn Elder.

Sachi is great because once in play - Orochi, Sachi, and Sakura can be enchanted with Freed from the Real to lock the combo.
I’ve included Sakura to help with mana problems in addition to being an elder as stated above.

This deck is pretty fun, and a great way to get massive mana. Plus none of these cards cost more than $1 each. If you remove Sakura, and replace the blazes with 2 more streams and 2 more conflagrates and you have all the lands, the main deck will cost you around 5-6 bucks here on the site.

I’m sure that using some dual/pain lands would be help somewhat, but I’ve not really had a problem with Mana, especially if you get an Orchi out in play, since lovable Orchi can change G to any other Color.

So anyway, as usual my sideboard is expensive and not very good. Any help with sideboarding in General would be great.

4 Dizzy Spell
4 Drift of Phantasms

4 Freed from the Real
4 Fyndhorn Elder
4 Orochi Leafcaller
4 Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder

10 Island
10 Forest
4 Terramorphic Expanse

Infinite Life or Infinite Damage
2 Stream of Life
2 Conflagrate
4 Blaze

Sideboard
2 Stream of Life
2 Conflagrate
4 Llanwar Elves
4 Whispersilk Cloak
3 Darksteel Colossus

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Extended (Type 1.X)