LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Glamdring
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:04 pm
--- description ---
A basic nazgul threat idea... Need some Advice!
--- end description ---

Here’s my nazgul threat build I came up with. I haven’t played with it yet, so I need some guidance for building it.

Ulaire Lemenya, assailing minion
Ulaire Attea, black predator x2
Captured by the ring x4
Gollum, dark as darkness
Morgul Spearman x4
Morgul Destroyer x4
Ulaire Nelya, 3rd of the nine riders x3
morgul on the march
fat one wants it
Ulaire Lemenya, eternally threatning x2
Ulaire Cantea, faster than winds x3
Morgul ambusher x3
there came a cry x2
held ground x2

SUGGESTED SITES:

Neekerbreeker’s bog
anduin banks
woody end

Strategy:

This deck relies mostly on threats and stripping possesions from your opponents companions. The Ulaire Attea, black predator pumps big, Morgul spearman exert companions. It’s a pretty cool deck, but need some guidance on what weaknesses it has, and what I could do to make it better.

Suggestions Accepted!

-Glamdring-

(By the way, thanks guys for responding to my Nazgul threat deck ideas in the Open LOTR thread. It has helped some!)
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:22 pm
Well...you have a good threat adding deck, but what’s your use for the threats? It seems like the only way you’re using them is to kill a companion and let threats destroy the fellowship. Well, you do have some pumps for your Wraith orcs, but I think you need a better way to use threats. Like Nazgul Scimitar. And if you run Enquea, TotO, you can easily meet the criteria for Put Forth His Strength. Maybe even Stooping to the kill + Nazgul Scimitar for damage +2, or +3 on Lemenya, Assailing Minion.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
macheteman
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:49 pm
They Feel The Precious is one of the best cards for threatgul IMO.

also, since the threats will activate when you kill a companion, i would take out all the gollum cards, and use a nazgul beatdown strategy. if you discard a good amount of freeps possessions, you should be able to win a skirmish, and if your minion is damadge +3, you stand a fair chance of killing a companion. i would also add 2x ulaire enquea, lieutenant of morgul to punish large fellowships, and if this was my deck, i would take out the Wraith orcs to add more nazgul cards, and pumpers. also a couple keening wail (wich combos well with enquea TotO, and eventually, enquea LoM) and witch-kings would be good.

that’s just what kind of deck i would run with threats, or maybe i would try enduring-threat-corruption. just my thoughts.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:11 pm
macheteman wrote:
that’s just what kind of deck i would run with threats, or maybe i would try enduring-threat-corruption. just my thoughts.

Like Put Forth his Strength? I personally think that that would be good, couple Enquea, TotO would get the necesary burdens esp. with keening wail, and you already have the threats, and damage nazzies like Nazgul Scimitar and Stooping to the kill would kill companions esp with streaming to the field.

With your Orc thing, go for a swarm and throw in a couple more Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion. With 5 threats, a Nazgul scimitar, and Stooping to the Kill, he becomes downright evil. Your opponent will either have to wear the One Ring or pump his fellowship full of burdens. And if you have decent orcs, option two can kill a couple more companions, esp with stooping to the kill, leaving you meeting the three burdens and three dead guys condition for put forth his strength. Maybe even throw in Ulaire Toldea, Thrall of the One.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Glamdring
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:39 pm
NBarden wrote:
macheteman wrote:

Like Put Forth his Strength? I personally think that that would be good, couple Enquea, TotO would get the necesary burdens esp. with keening wail, and you already have the threats, and damage nazzies like Nazgul Scimitar and Stooping to the kill would kill companions esp with streaming to the field.

With your Orc thing, go for a swarm and throw in a couple more Ulaire Lemenya, Assailing Minion. With 5 threats, a Nazgul scimitar, and Stooping to the Kill, he becomes downright evil. Your opponent will either have to wear the One Ring or pump his fellowship full of burdens. And if you have decent orcs, option two can kill a couple more companions, esp with stooping to the kill, leaving you meeting the three burdens and three dead guys condition for put forth his strength. Maybe even throw in Ulaire Toldea, Thrall of the One.

How would I stick in these cards? What cards should I take out?
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
macheteman
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:30 pm
take out the gollum cards, nazgul can be powerful enough. and i would take out the archery orcs. you should really focus on damage and strength. and add they feel the precious. and add the witch-king. he will really help win skirmishes.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open