LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Limited
Osion
Posted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 1:26 pm
Hey everyone, sorry I haven’t been active in about the last month.
I saw the call for decklists on the Spring Break Promotion so here I am.

This is the sealed deck I played at Grand Prix: Richmond. The format is Ravnica - Guildpact Sealed

The Deck: GWB

Golgari Grave-Troll
Birds of Paradise
Ursapine
Skarrgan Pit-Skulk
Golgari Signet
Orzhov Signet
Golgari Brownscale
Plagued Rusalka
Orxhov Euthanist
Scrambling Shell
Shrieking Grotesque
Selesnya Evangel
Greater Mossdog
Centaur Safeguard
Civic Wayfinder
Pillory of the Sleepless
Belfry Spirit
Silhana Starflecher
Disembowl
Carrion Howler
Conclave Phalanx
Courier Hawk
Farseek
Chant of Vitu-Ghazi

4 Plains
4 Swamp
7 Forest
1 Golgari Rot Farm

I went 5-2-1 with this deck, a record not good enough for Day 2, but it was an enlightening experience nevertheless. I was actually undefeated until round 5, versus 2005 World Champion Kenji Tsumura

I played only 16 lands in this deck because I recieved an amazing accel/fix package: 2 Signets, wayfinder, farseek, and Birds of Freaking Paradise!

My removal was a bit light, with only Disembowl and pillory of the sleepless, but hey what can you do, you play with what you are given.

Although I don’t have the exact listing of my pool, these were the best of the best. Red and blue were nigh-unplayable, except for the rares, Leyline of Lightning and Steam Vents. Too bad Red+Blue+Izzet = only 4 creatures in my pool.

Green because I had 3 solid rares in the deck, White because of flying and support, and black nicely rounded out my aggressive force + some removal.

Many players approached me after 5th round and asked me how I could do well with some of the cards I’d used. ("Chant of Vitu-Ghazi?"). My victory was largely due to hyper-aggressive playing, reliance on Ursapine to blow them away late game, and the fact that I’d never missed my first 3 drops in the whole tournament.

Chant of Vitu-Ghazi actually saved me 4 ! times during that tourney, the looks on my opponents’ faces were priceless as I looked lethal damage in the eye and promptly tapped 8 mana. One opponent asked if I was trying to manaburn to save some honor. I gave myself 2 turns and smashed his face on my next attack.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:24 pm
Actually, I must say I actuualy love chant very much. It’s disturbing, but that saved me at the 2HG release too. The reason I like it is you can block/convoke with creatures and throw this down turn fivish, then you can all out attack. Even when the counter, you’ve gained life equal to what they did last turn plus what you would have done blocking, and then you get to swing again. If you can’t kill them in two full swings when they’re tapped out, then you have other problems.

I’m still kind of surprised you didn’t make the second day, Osion, since you beat me like 5 of 7 games we played or something like that. Even if my deck sucked, that’s still something.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Limited