LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
physcosick
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:45 pm
Well in my deck i run gifts ungive, demonic tutor, mysitcal tutor, intuition, etc, etc. So yeah, the drawing cards is an issue... but if i don’t draw them, I’ll just search for them....
I’kll consider a future article but this thing took me forever to make... that decklist took me hours to come up with...
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:45 pm
Final Blabbering: I liked this article a lot and ranked it accordingly. Excellent use of thinking outside the box to shed light on a new subject. While I don’t have anywhere near the budget for this, it sure looks useful, fun, and like you put a lot of thought into it.
Barry Gibb
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:13 am
WOW i like you originality by doing a completely different format. Your organization is magnificent and makes it very easy to read. You present your ideas well and capture the reader. You made an interesting deck and i was one of those people who thought that it was a BotW deck haha. You explained the format well other then the rules, but you say that you really cant since its mostly house rules. You are a very good writer and you look like the person we have to beat every month gl with the rest of your articles.
inresponse
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:17 am
right, well I have been invoked, and when i am invoked, I respond to every article I can!

Unfortunately, I have little to say here. As you guys know, I am friends with physco, and so it feels a little bad for me to give him a five. Luckily, as many of you have pointed out, this article does in fact deserve a five. It covers an unusual topic and does it very well.

Here is my problem with this article:

There are so many more awesome formats out there, I’d like to know why this one is so much better than 150, 5 color, or whatever. Highlander is definitely fun, but I like all of those others just as much, and I don’t see a reason why this article would push me over the edge against the rest.

However, I am pretty sure that this was left out simply because of the lack of space in an already lengthy article. Perhaps in another article Physco could make it clear why this is a better format than the rest?
physcosick
Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:36 am
I never claimed it was better then any of the other formats, lol. I just said it was a lot of fun and growing in popularity and everyone should look into, atleast, trying it! but thanks to everyone who voted *cough*exc*cough*ept3*cough*p*cough*o*cough* lol

decent end to a horrible month on my end... in a way... Sad
physcosick
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:49 am
So Cobra... you mentioned on February 1st that you were going to stretch the voting deadline a few days. Since then it has been 7 days. Does that constitute as a "few"? I’m just curious when this contest will finish up so i can get my credit in my Excel Checkbook. Nobody has mentioned anything since so I figured I’d ask.

Also, when do you think Planar Chaos will be avialable for regular sale (since preorders have ended)?
Cobra
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 12:55 am
Sorry for the delay everyone. I meant to wrap up the contests around the 4th-5th of the month, but this little Planar Chaos fiasco Evil or Very Mad has me a bit distracted. (Speaking of which, our first shipment should finally be here tomorrow, and another one either Friday or Monday.)

To make it official:
Congratulations to physcosick for taking 1st Place and $25 store credit in January’s Magic: The Gathering Strategy Article Contest! Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:28 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Applause
Kudos for Highlander, it might become more popular than most might think... More to that in a while...
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest