LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:17 pm
--- description ---
For CG’s contest.
--- end description ---
Starting Fellowship:

Boromir, Bearer of Council
The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith
Madril, Ranger of Ithilien
Smeagol, Scout and Guide

Deck:
Aragorn, Driven by Need

Ring of Barahir
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken (RoS)

Horn of Boromir
Ranger’s Cloak x 3
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow

Follow Smeagol x 3
Houses of Healing

Tom Bombadil, The Master x 4
Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood x 3
Elrond, Lord of Rivendell x 2
Celeborn, Lord of Lorien x 2
Rumil, Elven Protector x 2
Orophin, Lorien Bowman x 2

One whom men would follow x 4
Pathfinder x 2

Okay, here’s the strategy. You control the site path. Completely. (Assuming you use forests.) Your opponent cannot play Anduin Confluence, cause Madril, Smeagol, and Galadriel rule the site path. Pathfinder is there to ensure that your allies aren’t obliterated.

Blitz to site 3. Use Denethor’s text to pull out Houses of Healing, then pull out Aragorn, his bow, and, most importantly, Horn of Boromir. Then abuse Horn of Boromir, he has a hefty vitality, and the Ring of Barahir uses that last token on Houses of Healing to heal people. Don’t use that last token. If it gets tossed, you still have high vitality and can use Pathfinder to rule the site path to the next sanctuary.

Obviously, Tom Bombadil is your primary fighter. However, Rumil and Orophin are both archers and exert to wound Orc/Uruk-Hai. So, coupled with Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow, you can knock ’em out. Galadriel keeps your archers fighting, with Celeborn and Elrond there as tanks. Tom Bombadil and Aragorn, Driven by Need pull off those threats, so you can re-use Aragorn’s Bow.

Oh, and if you need to really kill someone, uses Boromir’s hefty 6 vitality to use horn of Boromir 5 times on Tom Bombadil, and maybe use Aragorn to use One whom men would follow. You can get him easily around strength 30.

And I know that I withdrew from all contests, but this one is to fun and I had a little spare time...Wink (So SoP, please don’t kill me Wink )
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Don’t worry I won’t kill you, its not Like any of them were my contests. (though some other people might Very Happy )

anyone nice solid deck. I was thinking, if anyone makes this horn of boromir deck without tommy, I will laugh.
Anyway Good job!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open