LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
Anvar
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:41 am
I’m looking to build a deck making use of Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder and Conspiracy, to turn the Thrulls into something more manageable but I can’t decide what my best strategy would be. Any thoughts on what would be best? I want to build a standard deck, which limits the creature types that are of any use. Here’s what I’ve thought of:

1] Slivers. Kind of obvious really, but probably very powerful. Set Conspiracy to Sliver and play with black slivers and another colour or two. Subtle as a sledgehammer.

2] Saproling. Used with Thallids and such like for effects like killing creatures and drawing cards. Trouble is I already have a Thallid deck and don’t feel like building another one, though Planar Chaos has added interesting options.

3] Wizard. For use with Voidmage Prodigy, interesting but already featured on magicthegathering.com

4] Rat. Now this one seems interesting to me for two reasons. One is Swarm of Rats, which can become absolutely huge. More impressive than that however is the Ratcatcher. With Conspiracy set to Rat, you can tutor for any creature in your library every turn. Hellhole rats might be worth including, which suggests a discarding red/black deck. What should go in a deck like this?

Have I missed any obvious choices? Which idea is best?

Thanks for any comments,
Anvar
physcosick
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:02 am
I think your best bet is to go UB with Wizards. The blue offers you 3 things: counterspells (ie: mana leak, remand, and cancel), Voidmage Prodigy, and Shadowmage Infiltrator. I’m sure there are other options but it seems good for casual play.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 11:43 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Actually, you could save a WHOLE lot of mana by going Slivers, and simply using Hivestone...
I don't like YOU.
physcosick
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:09 pm
If he goes with the conspiracy idea, UB is best, imo.

But hivestone is obviously better if he wants to go the sliver route. Hivestone would definetly be faster but nothing beats the coolness factor of Wizards.
Anvar
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:13 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Actually, you could save a WHOLE lot of mana by going Slivers, and simply using Hivestone...

Sadly this doesn’t work. Hivestone doesn’t replace their creature type, only add to it, so the Thrulls end up as Sliver Thrulls and Endrek Sahr still bites the bullet once you get seven. Conspiracy is the only way to stop it triggering.

Anvar
physcosick
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:18 pm
Well with hivestone, once you get 7 sliver thrulls, you would prolly only need that many. Especially since they get all the benefits of being a sliver. However, there would be situations where you would want more then 7.

So if you go with conspiracy, I say UB wizards

If you go hivestone, obviously it’s slivers.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:34 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, I didn’t realize you wanted to KEEP them all. Why don’t use Slivers and Coat of Arms (and, of course, Hivestone)? Also, Endrek bites the bullet when there are 7 or MORE Slivers, so if you can time it right, you could go from 6 to, say, 10? Wink That SHOULD be more than enough. You could have access to Necrotic Sliver, Putrefy AND Mortify easily (by splashing white and going with Gemhide Sliver), too, or at least to Darkheart Sliver, so you could time Endrek’s death to get as many Sliver tokens out as possible, WHILE gaining some life OR blowing up permanents.
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:41 pm
I’m liking the Rat idea a lot (at least for casual), because of the combo of Ratcatcher + Conspiracy. Pull an extra creature of your choice out of your library every turn! You could play more big beaters, gaining tons of tokens if Endrek Sahr, Master Breeder along the way. You could run several 1-of creatures that serve different purposes, and depending on what other colors (if any) you run, have easy access to anything you need for the situation. Or you could let those creatures pile up in hand, wipe the board with Damnation, and dominate the endgame.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion