LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:56 pm
My knights have been my biggest headache, sometimes they absolutely demolish, other times they get demolished. Help!

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms (RB)
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Starting fellowhship:
Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon
Turgon, Man of Belfalas

Companions:
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath x2
Elendil, High-king of Gondor
Garrison of Gondor

Possesions:
Knight’s Mount x2
Gondor Bow x3

Conditions:
Sixth Level
Fifth Level x3
Fourth Level x4
Citadel of the Stars x2
Stone Tower
Gondor Still Stands x2
Hardy Garrison x2
Houses of Healing
Strong and Old

Artifacts:
Seeing Stone of Minas Anor
Seeing Stone of Orthanc
Scroll of Isildur
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Sapling of the White Tree x3

My main problem is wounding Southrons and the evil that is Grond, Hammer of the Underworld, they lay waste to my entire fellowship. I lost my Catapult so I didnt include that.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:48 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
with a lot of decks, especially knights you will either get demolished or demolish Very Happy. I really don’t know how you could deal with grond short of splashing a rohan character or gandalf. Cut turgon replace with ingold(you are having trouble with wounding anyway). add another sixth level. Cut all fifth level replace with 1 gondor bow, wait you have way to few companions. Add in Aragorn, CoG, Faramir, DoF or Imrahil. and you are talking. also add in Anduril, FoTW. that might help vs. the wounding deck as you will have 1. more companions 2. more high vitality companions. Also consider aragorn’s and faramir’s bow.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:48 pm
I have sometimes tried starting with Aragorn, Captain of Gondor but then I usually get swarmed and Isildur gets burdens loaded on him. I see the point in taking out the Fifth Level it cuts Turgon’s use and so you can replace him. So I will put 3x Aragorn CoG and Anduril, Flame of the West but I dont have anymore bows.
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:32 pm
Also, what sites should I use? I usually play this alongside a Sauron Besieger site control deck or Evil Men archery.
legoles3333
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:07 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Looks ok i agree with SOP you need more companions, Aragorn CoG, and Imrahil are good so is Andiuril FoTW, also how are you starting Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
don’t start aragorn, just include aragorn. Start alcarin(and maybe keep a couple fifth level for him) and Ingold. you aren’t going to get better then 3 companions with knights, but I agree starting aragorn with knights is roughly the height of stupidity. Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded