LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:16 pm
I was just wondering if this loop would work.

You play Gothmog, Lieutenant of Morgul, Gorgoroth Officer and Gorgoroth Troop in your shadow. The Troop says "Skirmish: Stack your besieger on a site you control..." and the officer says "Skirmish: Discard 2 cards from hand to play a Sauron Orc stacked on a site...". Gothmog says "When you play Gothmog, the Free Peoples player must wound a companion for each site you control." I know that in the rule book it says that "when" only activates once but doesnt playing Gothmog from a site count for this, because it doesnt specify a phase?
Could this mean with just 6 cards in hand you could turn the Gorgoroth Troop into a 20 and with 7 sites controlled cause a total of 28 free wounds with Gothmog?
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:21 pm
If you can get 7 sites controlled in an actual game, you’re pretty much God.

Laughing

But yes, I believe it works, since you are playing gothmog, and his text says, "When you play..."

Having 6 cards in hand after playing 3 minions is tough to do, unless you use Ithil Stone or something similar.

It is pretty powerful, kudos for thinking of it!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:22 pm
Yep, it’s possible. It’d just take a heck of a lot of twilight (35 to be exact). Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:52 pm
With Encirclement you would save yourself about 15 twilight. I guess 6 sites would be enough.

That is still 20 twilight thought, but for 24 free wounds I think I will try it out.
Cobra
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:42 am
That’s a cool idea! I’m not sure you’ll be able to pull off this massive combo (unless the FP player is completely playing along), but it certainly couldn’t hurt to try. Site-control beseigers is a solid decktype anyway, and the cards you mention are playable with or without the full combo, so there’s really nothing to lose.

Let us know how it goes. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
corvus
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:31 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
A most excellent idea. I bow before you Homage and bribe you GP
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
sweet. I will have to tell this to my friend who runs besiegers (translation: make sure he never visits this site and keep it a secret from him)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:07 am
Hey, i could use some clarification on gothmog’s text.

my understanding of it is, that if you have X amount of sites controled, then X different companions get wounded. And that it doesn’t mean if you have X sites controled X wounds get assigned to companions. is that correct?

-macheteman
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:24 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Not quite. I think it means that the FP player would have to wound X companions, not assign X wounds to any and/or all companions.

In other words, if X is 5 and the fellowship is only 4 companions, I think all four would take a wound and the fifth wound would just be ignored. Similiarly, the FP player would HAVE to wound all four; they couldn’t choose to just wound one guy four times.

I THINK that’s right. It’s a little fuzzy.

Nifty find, by the way. Hard to pull off, but if you do...bye-bye fellowship.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:46 am
If 5 sites are controlled, the Freeps player has to assign 5 wounds to any companions he feels like. He could wound 5 companions, or he could place 3 wounds on one companion and 2 wounds on another, and so on and so forth.

If he said ’When you play Gothmog, you may spot X sites you control to wound X companions’, then each companion could only be wounded once. But that’s not what he says, so that’s not what he does. Wink

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions