LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
Mythdracon
Posted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:25 am
Hey there,

I’m designing a TTT deck and working off of cards that seem to work nicely together. Here’s the decklist of 50 cards:

Sites
1) Eastemnet Gullies OR The Riddermark (recommendations please)
2) Fangorn Forest--play Treebeard
3) Barrows of Edoras--get rid of cards you don’t need (it’s a large deck after all)
4) White Rocks--annoys your probably-Rohan opponent’s fellowship
5) Deep of Helm--play nice Uruks (for which there will be a Shadow side--not yet made though)
6) Caves of Aglarond--Fierce Uruk-Hai so there’s a greater chance of killing off/doing more than 5 wounds to your opponent fellowship before they heal up again
7) Hornburg Causeway--We like minion archery! (have Merry and Pippin take the wounds if need be here)
Cool Wizard’s Vale--ensures you have some minions to launch.
9) Likely a very high twilight no. here to use vs. your opponent if need be

RB+Ring
Frodo, Courteous Halfling
The One Ring, The Ruling Ring

Companions and Allies:
Gimli, Lockbearer (Start)
Pippin, Woolly-Footed Rascal
Merry, Learned Guide
Treebeard, Earthborn
Gandalf, Greyhame
Legolas, Dauntless Hunter x2
Aragorn, Wingfoot x2

Events
Swifty and Softly x4
Severed His Bonds x4
Warmed Up A Bit x2
Quick As May Be x3
Knocked On The Head x4 (not more than 2 needed, perhaps?)
Task Was Not Donex2--remove those nasty surviving minions and move again! =D
Grown Suddenly Tall x2--You don’t have many conditions in this deck (in fact, none). Your opponent will, so this is a nice no-need-to-exert Gandalf alternative to Sleep, Caradhras. Halts opponent fellowship and Shadow both.
Stump and Bramble x2 --Useless if enemy doesn’t have Uruks, but they probably do in TTT, so this will likely help Treebeard. If not, save up to discard and make Legolas stronger when he has his sword.
A Wizard Is Never Late--The only FOTR card in this deck (for the free peoples side at least).
Best Company x4
Valor x4
Feathered

Possessions
Bow of the Galadhrim
Axe of Erebor
Elven Sword
Ranger’s Sword, Sword of Aragorn
Shadowfax
Glamdring, Lightning Brand
Gandalf’s Staff, Walking Stick

Conditions
Dwarven Heart--for use with Axe of Erebor. Gimli is likely to get wounded *somewhere* along the way.

General strategy:
Get Gimli very high on strength so that it doesn’t hurt to assign him to a minion while others are assigned to Merry and Pippin (and discarded while Gimli is in his skirmish if need be, otherwise cancelled with Swifty or Severed). The other companions help discard the hobbits without having too many burdens or exertions going on Frodo.

Treebeard is there to crumple Orcs, same with Gandalf. Legolas is an archer and can help make Shadow conditions more of a nuisance to put into play. He’s also nice because he gets stronger the more wounds there are on the minions left (use archery or Aragorn’s ability, or simply win skirmishes to leave those wounds on minions). Aragorn is the resident Orc-slayer.

ADVICE NEEDED
Obviously, it’s too many cards, and I’ll need advice on what to remove. I want Gimli to be assured of getting his axe or strength bonuses somehow.

I also prefer to cancel hobbit skirmishes rather than discard the hobbits, due to the cost of discarding and the effect it will have upon the Hunters who rely on the presence of unbound hobbits to harrass the Shadow.

Escape was one recommended card for me, and I have one copy. Is it worth playing?

Also, I’m not sure which starting site to use. If I use one, I’ll only need one copy of the companion it allows me to play, and that’ll help cut down the no. of cards. Still, I’m not sure what I prefer: archery and an Elf (there are more things for an Elf in this deck than other stuff) OR Aragorn.

Thanks!
Mythdracon
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:16 pm
So no one wants to help? :O Should I post it in a different forum?
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:20 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I don’t know what to say i have never played a deck like this nor even heard of it. it should probably be in two towers block but oh well. PM people like AC who have been playing longer i started when SoG came out(just before actually)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open