LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Donkey_Kong_JR
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:52 pm
--- description ---
So the fellowship a Gondor twilight denial using mostly Aragorn and Isildur, along with some possessions, conditions, and a lot of artifacts. On the shadow side it’s a Men possesion deck.
--- end description ---

Fellowship (30)
The One Ring:
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Starting Fellowship:
Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms (Ring-Bearer)
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
Other Companions:
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath
Possessions:
Armor of the Citadel X2
Gondorian Steed X2
Gondorain Sword
Artifacts:
Anduril, King’s Blade
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Sapling of the White Tree
Scroll of Isildur
Seeing Stone of Orthanc
Ring of Barahir
Conditions:
King’s Legacy
Garrison of Osgiliath X2
House of Healing X2
Heirs of Gondor
Events:
War Must be X4
Dagger Strike X4
Hidden Knowledge
Guarded City

Shadow (30)
Minions:
Column of Easterlings
Frenzied Dunlending X2
The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor X2
Voice of the Desert, Southron Troop
Rampaging Easterling
Corrupted Spy
Crooked Townsman X3
Castamir of Umbar, Corsair Vandal
Raging Dunlending
Grima, Betrayer of Rohan
Possessions:
Poleaxe X4
Long Battle Bow X4
Messenger’s Mount
Conditions:
Countless Companies X3
Last Days X2
Hemmed In X2

Strategy:
Fellowship: Basic twilight denial with Aragorn and Isildur. Use Ring of Rings and Scroll of Isildur to boost Isildur’s resistance, and use house of healing + Ring of Barahir for healing. Have Boromir in their in case things get hot, or something happens to Aragorn.
Shadow: Use Countless Companies to keep my possessions out, and use those to boost my minions. Then having Last Days and Hemmed In just for if they come to use. Aside from that, do what I can to win skirmishes.

Ok, I know it seems really weak but for some reason it works. On the fellowship I can understand it since my starting fellowship is a 7 and 9. Pretty easy to beat big minions (if they manage to get one out). On the shadow side, I don’t think it should work, but some how it does. I basically just play it by ear.
TheJord
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:34 pm
I used to start with just Aragorn and Isildur, believe me you will start piling burdens on. Now I know, if I was playing against this deck I would let you go first and then play my sites to start messing you up. You will never get the Scroll in time.
War Must Be seems like an odd event to have in this deck with no assiging fortifications, if you can keep threats away use Swordarm of the White Tower for Aragorn and if you can somehow stop the burdens then Pledge of Loyalty or Rally the Company.
Add 2 more Boromirs and 2 more Scrolls. You can kick the Garrison of Osgiliath its pretty much useless except for spotting with the Ring of Barahir.
thejedione
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:40 pm
I would say to ditch the heirs of gondor, hidden knowledge, and guarded city and replace with more events such as pledge of loyalty. I personally dont like the events which require hand weapons either (ie. dagger strike.)
But its up to you.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
How does this deny twilight? IMO you are going to need 3 companions almsot always ot make sure you don’t have to automatically add 2 burdens. Cut the garrison of osgiliath replace with 0 twilight pumps, and maybe an athelas or 2
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:05 pm
What on earth is Houses of Healing doing in there? Talk about twilight adding!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Donkey_Kong_JR
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:29 am
Like I said, it shouldn’t work, but it does. Generaly using the old site path I’m giving them mabey 13 twilight on site 9. Garrsion of Osgiliath is there basicaly so I don’t have to clog my hand with event. Heirs of Gondor and dagger strike are nice because I almost always manager to get some sort of weapon for Aragron, who is basicaly my key companion. Hidden knoweldge and guarded city I need to keep those token conditions around. Don’t ask me how, but somehow I never really need Boromir. Sometimes I do, but most of the time I don’t. Mabey it’s just my media, but I can almost always make it with just Aragorn and Isildur. House of Healing is there basicaly just in case I don’t get Ring of Barahir, or if I need some extra healing, or if nothing else it can be used for the spotting requirements needed for Ring of Barahir so I can feel free to use all my other token based conditions.

Thanks for the reviews every one.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:49 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
boy I still don’t see how it works but if it does...
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded