LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
TheJord
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:24 pm
So after posting my knight deck for help this is my new Knight deck.

Deck size: 36

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon (starting)
Ingold (starting)

Companions:
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor x3
Elendil, High-king of Gondor
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath x2
Garrison of Gondor
Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath

Possessions:
Gondor Bow x3
Knight’s Mount
Gondorian Steed

Conditions:
Sixth Level x2
Fourth Level x4
Citadel of the Stars x2
Kings Legacy
Stewards Legacy
Stone Tower
Strong And Old

Events:
Greatest Stronghold x3

Artifacts:
Seeing Stone of Orthanc
Sapling of the White Tree x2
Scroll of Isildur
Anduril, Flame of the West
Narsil, Blade of the Faithful

The strategy is obviously to destroy the minions with fortifications, and to use the tanks of Elendil (17 strength, 6 vitality) and Aragorn (12 strength, 5 vitality) to survive until the end. This deck can keep up with the Dwarves so it is almost right.

The only issue I have had is carding out! I always card out by site 9 (by that I mean I am holding my last 8 cards). This was playing with an Evil Men archery deck so it wasnt exactly a card burner itself. I have considered making it a little larger, what do we think?
Last edited by TheJord on Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:43 pm; edited 4 times in total
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:44 pm
If you are running out of cards at site 9 or earlier, I would up the card total to around 40. Perhaps an extra copy of Strong and Old, Sixth Level, and Stone Tower. Good deck! Applause
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:07 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
first things first, Sweet avvie! Cut a copy of aragorn add in a copy of faramir imrahil. Cut a gondor still stands, replace with another sixth level to fully run the ingold combo. Since you are carding out, TO make sure you don’t card out, add in coat of mail, maybe some athelas to kill DDotR, T&S, LitW and such. I owuld cut stone tower for another CoTS.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:30 pm
TheJord wrote:
The only issue I have had is carding out! I always card out by site 9 (by that I mean I am holding my last 8 cards). This was playing with an Evil Men archery deck so it wasnt exactly a card burner itself. I have considered making it a little larger, what do we think?

Either make it larger or pair it with something else. I have an 80 card ranger deck that cards out with Men. Men cycles a lot faster than you would think, and with a FP revolving around conditions and possessions, its really easy to whip through 10+ cards a round.

I suggest adding an extra sixth level and Gondor Bow. Then maybe just add Athelas, like SoP suggested. Athelas is good in combating TaS, Blade Tip, Black Breath, SoO, DDotR, etc. Although Pallando, Far Travelling one is better...but I doubt you can get a hold of one. If you want to run athelas, maybe add Heirs of Gondor and Guarded City. Great for winning skirmishes.

Oh, and cut Gondor still stands. Sixth level is better, and you should be killing all the minions with Fourth Level and CotS.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheJord
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:25 am
Thanks SoP once I hit 3 GP I went on a hunt for a sweet Gondor Avatar (Gondor is my favourite FP decktype). I dont know about adding more companions although if I am going to add more cards (5 more to take it to 40) I was thinking of the following...

Gondor Bow
Catapult
Hardy Garrison x2
Sixth Level

or

Stewards Legacy x2
Greatest Stronghold
Sixth Level

Gondor Still Stands is good for retrieving lost fortifications such as Sixth Level. If I had another Sixth Level I would add it! I have considered more fortifications, ie the Fifth Level.

I am trying to turn this into a standard deck which means cutting

Alcarin, 2x CotS, 2x CW, ST

Any suggestion for that?
Ransom
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:14 pm
Sweet deck. This is exactly how mine works and I absolutely love it. I would suggest adding Kings Legacy to it though. It works really well with Elendil and helps you survive swarm decks. Plus as an added bonus it can allow you to let Isildur skirmish for two exertions instead of three.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:47 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
TheJord wrote:

Gondor Bow
Catapult
Hardy Garrison x2
Sixth Level
or
Stewards Legacy x2
Greatest Stronghold
Sixth Level
I am trying to turn this into a standard deck which means cutting

knights don’t work in standard. period. They will work even less when/if The great eye(or maybe shelob’s lair) comes out.

My suggestion add
Hardy garrison
Faramir,
Imrahil,
Gondor bow,
Catapult or stewards legacy or sixth level.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:12 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
My suggestion add
Hardy garrison

That’d normally be a good idea with knight decks, but since he only has 2 events included it would be very hard to lose initiative outside of the fellowship phase.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:18 pm
are you forgetting catapult? actually I just remembered that combo, which is a pretty nice one. maybe add in 2x HG in that case.
"DáinIronfoot"
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:20 pm
Ransom wrote:
Sweet deck. This is exactly how mine works and I absolutely love it. I would suggest adding Kings Legacy to it though. It works really well with Elendil and helps you survive swarm decks. Plus as an added bonus it can allow you to let Isildur skirmish for two exertions instead of three.

You should trust him. He runs this deck and is the undisputed champion of our club (well...except for his sister Wink ). King’s Legacy is EVIL! You need to use and abuse it. I would recommend...

Isildur RB
Boromir, Hero of Osgiliath
Denethor, Steward of the City
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor
Elendil, High-King of Gondor

Stewards’ Legacy
King’s Legacy
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded