LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:51 am
bobtheorc wrote:
I do not think that Dunland are ever used for swarm. Think
As Ac said they are primarily a beat down culture.
Very Strong and very damaging the dunlands are.

Dunland can indeed swarm, it’s just not ’play-a-million-minions’ as we know from the Moria and [orc] cultures. The whole point behind the 2 site DUnland deck, is to get your 2 sites, then repeatedly play a bunch of Elders, who are strength +5, fierce and damage +1, and thus gradually wear your opponent down.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I’d say you’re wrong then.

Freca can be nice, but he isn’t that great. I’ve tested him in my deck, and he usually isn’t worth the 4 twilight.

And I’d say you’re wrong, AC Wink IMO, you definately need at least 1 more Freca in there. He is your best bet to get your sites. He is stronger or just as strong as the Ransacker and Hillman Tribe, and he doesn’t even have to win to control a site. Just survive, which shouldn’t be a problem once you have a couple of Hides out.

You might also consider to include 1 or 2 copies of Hillman Horde, since he is the only archery protection you’ve got, unless you play with a TT site path.

Another minion to consider is Hill Chief, which will provide a nice hand extension for you, to help you set up faster, or draw that pump or minion you need to destroy your opponent’s fellowship.

In my experience Wulf is too ineffective. In order to make him win (or use twilight or discard Hides to make him survive) AND make another minion win/survive, is just too combo intensive to work consistently.

I’d replace all the Ransackers and Wulf with 2 copies each of Frece, Hillman Horde and Hill Chief.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 8:20 am
Alright, I made a compromise and took out Wulf x2 + Dunledning Ransacker x1, and added another Freca + Hillman Horde x2.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
hblika
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:11 am
Cool, someone actually took my advise Smile
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
anonymous22
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:19 am
What about that dundeling that has the effect

" When you win this skirmish, stack this minion on a site you control.Shadow: play this minion from a site you control for -2 twiglight cost"

sorry I don’t have the name for the card, but I remember its effect.
I think it was a 4 cost 11 or 10 str dundeling, so yeah..
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
thats for the stacking deck with no refuge, + with those minions it was negligible they would survive to the regroup phase.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:00 pm
anonymous22 wrote:
sorry I don’t have the name for the card, but I remember its effect.
I think it was a 4 cost 11 or 10 str dundeling, so yeah..

There are tons of Dunlendings that do that, and that’s the point of my Dunland deck. SWARM! Stack them all on sites, use No Refuge, than play everything in your hand and everything on you sites. Twilight -2, 5 extra twilight, perfect condition for a swarm.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded