LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
anonymous22
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:21 pm
--- description ---
Between these tags, give a short description of your deck. Go a step beyond basic decktype info, and tell us what makes your design unique!
--- end description ---

Freeps(35)

Starting
Boromir, Bearer of Council
Aragorn, Heir to the White City

Companions(2)
Elendil, The Tall
Faramir, Son of Denethor

Possessions (11)
3x Athelas
3x Armor
2x Gondorian Blade
1x Blade of Gondor, Sword of Boromir
1x Shield of Boromir
1x Boromir’s Gauntlets

Artifacts( 8 )
3x Sapling of the White Tree
2x Scroll of Isildur
1x Seeing Stone of Orthanc
1x Seeing Stone of Minas Anor
1x Narsil, Blade of the Faithful

Conditions(4)
2x No Stranger to the Shadows
1x Garrison of Osgiliath
1x The Saga of Elendil

Events(12)
4x Sentinels of Numenor
3x Pledge of Loyalty
1x Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom
1x Banner of the White Tree
1x Elendil’s Valor

As you can see, my freeps are in need of help. I don’t really have a strategy(unless you count surviving to site 9 as one).

Evil Deck(35)

Minions(26)
3x Invincible Uruk
2x Uruk Desecrator
3x Barbaric Uruk
2x Orthanc Warrior
2x Lookout Uruk
2x Patrol of Uruk-Hai
2x Saruman, Agent of the Dark Lord
2x Uruk Soldier
1x Uruk Slaughterer
1x Tyrannical Uruk
1x Suppressing Uruk
1x Orthanc Champion
1x Uruk Decimator
1x Crushing Uruk
1x Uruk Pikeman
1x Lurtz, Minion of the White Wizard
1x Gollum, Dark as Darkness

Possessions & Events(9)

3x Bred for Battle
2x Weapon of Opportunity
1x Strange Device
1x Savagery to Match Their Numbers
1x Parry
1x Ferocity

I’m trying to go beatdown, but I can never seem to kill anybody( especially Dwarves.)

Any Ideas would be nice.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:35 pm
On your Gondor...I see that it doesn’t have a strategy. There are a couple ways to go with Gondor.

Knights
Rangers

From your deck right now, it looks like Knights would be the easiest way to go with the deck. You got everything in place for defender bonuses, but allow me to recommend.

Citadel of the Stars x 2
Sixth Level x 2
Fourth Level x 4
Gondor Bow x 4

The basic way to make Knights work. Then you need.

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon
Ingold

Garrison of Gondor
Aragorn, Captain of Gondor w/ Anduril, King’s Blade
Try to get the other Elendil, if you can’t np, he’s still a tough companion. Cut the Seeing Stones, 4x Sapling of the White Tree could be important.
4x sapling + Narsil + Anduril + Scroll of Isildur = Strength 14 vitality 6 Elendil. And the saplings could be useful.

Try to abuse Fourth Level and Citadel of the Stars or Gondor Bow to kill most minions, then play them back with Sixth Level, possibly throwing some around to heal Ingold.

Uruk-hai, I’m less familiar with. Try this link, other than being rather heavy on shadow conditions, still pretty good.

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3013

I do run Isengard site control swarm. My deck stinks, but I could try to help you.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah it will tkae work, but converting you gondor deck to rangers or knights will help a lot. Like NBarden I am no expert on uruk-hai here is a article with a nice deck
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3013
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:08 pm
I know you have already heard it twice, but you need to consolidate to just Rangers or just Knights. Other than that the suggestions they had for you were good and would not really object to what they have posted. I do however prefer to have some kind of healing ability in my decks usually to help hold me over until the next healing site, but that is just personal preference. But as far as your minions go...are you trying to stay mostly with the new stuff as far as Uruk-hai goes? If not then maybe you should think about a berseker deck. I am using one right now, and although I have not gotten to really use I will say it is very possible to exhaust practically the whole fellowship in just one turn towards the later sites, leaving for the next set of minions to sweep up the mess. But that depends on what you are going for I suppose, if you would like a run down of my deck I wouldn’t mind taking the time to post it here for you. If nothing maybe it would expand your knowledge of Uruk-hai by reminding you of some old cards that are mean but perhaps forgotten with time.
anonymous22
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:07 am
Yes, please post your Beserker deck, as I would like to have a feel of one. I’m thinking of switching my deck to a Beserker( of course I won’t copy your deck card for card) seeing how you told me about the destructive power they can cause.
mithrandirmatt
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:43 am
Berserker Deck

Shadow:

Minions: (25)

-Uruk Sapper x4
-Uruk Engineer x4
-Uruk-Hai Berserker x4
-Saruman, Keeper of Isengard x2
-Berserk Rager x3
-Berserk Butcher x2
-Berserk Savage x2
-Berserk Slayer x4

Possessions: (4)

-Broad-Bladed Sword x4

Conditions/Events:(14)

-Siege Engine x4
-Scaling Ladder x4
-Assault Ladder x2
-Devilry of Orthanc x2
-Tower of Orthanc x2

These cards I actually included to help my Fellowship:

-The Palantir of Orthanc, Seventh Seeing-Stone x2
-The Balrog, Terror of Flame and Shadow
-Sauron, The Lord of the Rings

I would suggest putting in Bred fs or Battle or something in that nature instead of these cards listed just above this text to help win some skirmishes, but these cards actually help my Fellowship and are worth losing 4 cards to my shadow deck.

So here is how it works. Uruk Sapper and Uruk Engineer are basically meat for slaughter, but great for Getting tokens on your Engines fast. Uruk-Hai Berserker and Berserk Rager also help with placing some tokens, and Berserk Rager also runs as an ally control as well. Saruman, Keeper of Isengard will help make some of the meaner berserker even worse and help keep them alive. Uruk Butcher will help you get through the archery phase as will Broad-Bladed Sword while giving you a strength bonus at the same time. SIEGE ENGINE. These are important, not only can you stack some quick tokens with these, but it also helps keep the rest of your machines in play. Assault ladder can act as a pumper if needed. But the real meat of this deck are these: Berserk Slayer, Devilry of Orthanc, and Scaling ladder. Say you play a Berserk Slayer with a Broad-Bladed sword with all the appropriate tokens on Devilry of Orthanc and Scaling Ladder, this guy can’t take archery (but is reluctantly vulnerable to Rohan and their mounts, unless of course you have Saruman out) and during a skirmish you can remove 5 tokens from a machine to wound every Companion. That is great especially if you had the 8 tokens on Devilry of Orthanc cause then you could have exerted them before your skirmish wounding, then if you have 2 scaling ladder and can spot enough tokens (which believe it or not is not that difficult) you can do this a third time during a skirmish. Granted it will probably take until site 7 or 8 to do this, but then that is why I included 2 Tower of Orthanc, cause that is gonna give you some extra edge the next time the Fellowship moves. If you are playing Rohan this deck is not as effective, or against an archery deck it can be vulnerable, but there are more cards that you could include to insure the survival of your Uruk-Hai I just chose not to run some of them so I could help my Freepeoples.

I hope this was helpful, and although I am not thoroughly experienced in Uruks I think this is a pretty good deck. I first seen this deck’s destructive capability years ago and ever since then I wanted to make one, finally I was able here recently and I have to say the wait was well worth it. Even if I don’t kill any one sometimes(Rohan/archery) chances are I can leave the entire Fellowship severely crippled, which is enough to make me happy at least.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
there are other ones that if you look in the deck design archives
such as
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2213
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=604
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
anonymous22
Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:42 pm
Thanks for the help guys
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:08 pm
welcome, if you need other ideas, either look at the DDa for uruk-hai or isengard decks, or post in open LOTR discussion.
"DáinIronfoot"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open