LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:56 am
--- description ---
A deck that revolves around Plundered Armories and Goblin Armory to throw possessions all over, generating twilight all the while.
--- end description ---

(46 cards, and cycles like crazy, and I mean crazy, coupled with dwarves, you’ll probably deck out)

Minions:

Goblin Scavengers x 4
Goblin Spearman x 4
Goblin Runner x 4
Goblin Scrabbler x 4
Goblin Patrol Troop x 4 (to ensure he gets stacked, play weapons on him first to get them to the regroup phase.)
Goblin Backstabber x 4
Host of Thousands x 4 (the best minion out there, any minion you want!)

Possessions:
Goblin Scimitar x 4
Goblin Spear x 2

Conditions:
Plundered Armories x 3
They are coming x 2
Relics of Moria
Goblin Swarms x 2
Goblin Armory x 4

Well...the strategy is not simple. As a matter of fact, its complex. This is not a pure plundered armories deck, it runs a combo with Relics of Moria. So let me show you all the facets of the deck. First of all, there’s They Are Coming. You get two Goblin Spears? Just discard them and another card to play an Orc from your discard pile, then use Relics of Moria to play it back for free. Actually, to add a twilight. Same strategy with Goblin Scimitars, play ’em back to draw a card. Oh, and with relics of Moria, you get to play back all those possessions from your discard pile to add 1-2 twilight. And with Goblin scimitar, to draw a card. Goblin Scavenger does the same thing.

Now you get to the fun part. Stopping the double move. Assuming that some of your guys won their skirmishes (meaning they won), now you get to generate tons of twilight. Stack and Orc on goblin Swarms, and play your Goblin Scimitar back from your discard pile to draw a card and some Orc that needs it gets a surprise strength +2 pump that adds four twilight. Continue with the next Orc, and repeat. Now all your guys are stacked, you threw out four twilight each time you did that, and if they move, they face all the guys you stacked plus whatever you drew, plus whatever you manage to draw with Goblin Scimitar. Whoa! That would be enough to stop me from double moving.

And then, if your minions die, that’s not the end. They die, their possessions get discarded, hm...how about playing them back as a surprise strength +2 pump to add four twilight!

So, have a blast with Moria, plunder that grand armory of your discard pile and SWARM! Cheers

Is this card banned, by chance?
Last edited by NBarden on Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:32 pm; edited 2 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:30 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nice, golin armory is but not swarm. um, your minions have to win skirmishes to be stackable, just making sure you know that.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:35 pm
I know, but they get to throw the Goblin Scimitars around so its easy to win.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:08 pm
NBarden wrote:
First of all, there’s They Are Coming. You get two Goblin Spears? Just discard them and another card to play an Orc from your discard pile, then use Plundered Armories to play it back for free.

Actually, that doesn’t work. Plundered Armories only triggers if the possession is discarded from play, according to the rules.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:17 pm
Where does it say that? I didn’t see a ruling on the CRD, and if all cards do what they say, your card is discarded, and thus, according to plundered armories, you can play it back.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:23 pm
The Rulebook wrote:
Discard
The default meaning of the word “discard” is “discard from play.” Discarding from other locations (such as from your hand or from the top of your draw deck) is always specified.

And so Plundered Armories means "If your Moria weapon is discarded from play" and does not work when the weapon is discarded from hand, since according to the rulebook "Discarding from other locations (such as from your hand or from the top of your draw deck) is always specified".
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:26 pm
All right, but you can still use the combo with Relics of Moria...
Pywils
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 pm
im not an expert on Moria, infact quite the contrary, but this deck looks cool. When i started TCG during ROTEF days i rembeer the Goblin Scrabbler fondly. A great minion that lowers cost and if your opponent is playing Elven Marksmanship is SWEET.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:43 pm
My brother was using my three hunters deck and I nuked all his copies of Focus with ’em Twisted Evil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:43 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ugh that stinks, your major combo was killed. Thanks for the clarification AC.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded