LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:49 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
1.) When does the FP player add twilight when they are moving: when they move from the current site, when they move to the new site, or somewhere in between?

Here’s the reason I ask. Say I have a card with the following ability:

"Each time the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, you may exert your Wizard to remove 1 for each Gandalf companion you can spot."

Would that twilight be removed before or after the twilight is added from moving?

2.) Do pre-Shadows cards that replace sites still work?

For example, Ulaire Nelya, Lieutenant of Morgul has the text "Exert Úlairë Nelya and spot an opponent’s site to replace it with your site of the same number." Similarly, Grimbold, Marshal of Rohan has the ability to "Replace the fellowship’s site with your plains site of the same number to discard a card from hand." Even though post-Shadows sites don’t have site numbers any more, can these characters still be used to replace one numberless Shadow site with another?

Hobbit Farmer has the following ability: "Exert this ally and spot opponent’s site 1 to replace it with your site 1." Can he be used to replace a Shadows site being used as Site 1 with another Shadows site?

Paths Seldom Trodden has the text "Remove 3 to replace the fellowship’s site with your version of the same site." How would this work (or would it) in the post-Shadows world?

Okay, I guess that was more than two questions. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:56 am
1. I’m nearly certain that it would only remove twilight that was in the pool before you add twilight for moving, but Decipher’s site isn’t working for me so I can’t find any reference in the rules.

2. Nope. Those cards don’t work anymore, since Shadows sites don’t have site numbers. I’ll get a link to the place where it says this ASAP.

In regards to Hobbit Farmer, anything that just says "Site 1" or maybe "sites 1 to 4" (Hobbit Intuition) only works in FOTR block. Anduril, Flame of the West, however, says "any site 2 or any site 5", so it works on any adventure path (although since it’s from ROTK block it can’t be used in FOTR or TTT block).

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:59 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
1. I’m nearly certain that it would only remove twilight that was in the pool before you add twilight for moving, but Decipher’s site isn’t working for me so I can’t find any reference in the rules.

Okay. That’s what I thought too.

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
2. Nope. Those cards don’t work anymore, since Shadows sites don’t have site numbers. I’ll get a link to the place where it says this ASAP.

Thanks! Might change how I do a couple of my DCs then, to allow for it to work in either system. Of course, text like "play the next site" is pretty universal, I guess....

AnxiousChieftain wrote:
In regards to Hobbit Farmer, anything that just says "Site 1" or maybe "sites 1 to 4" (Hobbit Intuition) only works in FOTR block. Anduril, Flame of the West, however, says "any site 2 or any site 5", so it works on any adventure path (although since it’s from ROTK block it can’t be used in FOTR or TTT block).

Right, I should have figured that.

So does Flame of the West work in both ROTK block AND post-Shadows sitepaths?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:04 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
So does Flame of the West work in both ROTK block AND post-Shadows sitepaths?

Yep. That’s what makes it so much better than Anduril, King’s Blade. Very Happy

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:17 am
Cool, cool.

GP for the help. Not that you need any more. Laughing

Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:11 pm
Here are the movement rules from the comprehensive Rule Book 4.0:

Moving your fellowship
During each of your fellowship phases, when you are finished performing fellowship actions, your fellowship must move forward to the next site on the adventure path.
Place your player marker on the next site on the adventure path. If there is no site there yet (as is the case for the first player in the first turn), then a new site must be played from one of the Shadow players’ adventure decks, as described below under “playing sites.”
When you move your player marker to the next site, first perform any actions triggered by leaving the old site. Then perform actions that say, “When the fellowship moves...” Then, perform actions that occur when moving to the new site. Finally, add tokens to the twilight pool, as described below under “adding twilight tokens for movement.”
Note that when you are playing using the Fellowship block, Tower block, or King block formats, the playing of sites and adding of twilight tokens works differently than what is explained below. Refer to “Formats,” later in Section One under “Building Your Deck,” for an explanation of these differences.

Explanation of differences mentioned above From "Formats"
Your adventure deck must have exactly nine site cards in it. Each site must be different. The contents of your adventure deck depends on which format you are playing.
In the Open format and War of the Ring block, your adventure deck may include no more than three sites that have the same given Shadow number.
In the Fellowship block, Tower block, or King block, sites are numbered, and you must include one for each of the nine site numbers.

Explanation of differences mentioned above From "Building Your Deck"
When you play a game using the Fellowship block, Tower block, or King block format, you cannot choose any site from your adventure deck when it is time to play a new site on the adventure path. Instead, the site which has the next consecutive site number must be played.
When you play a game using the Fellowship block, Tower block, or King block format, you do not add pool for the fellowship’s region number when you are moving your fellowship.

So to answer your original question:
You would only be able to remove twilight that was in the pool when the fellowship started moving as you don’t add the twilight until you have performed all of the:

1) Moves From
2) Moves
3) Moves To

actions as described above. I have copies of all of the rule books that have released on line as well as quite a back log of the CRDs. If people would like me to E-mail them to you I can do that. Just send me a PM. They can be large files if you are on dial-up. Rules 4.0 is 1.4MB and the latest CRD is 114KB
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:21 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Just to clarify, Anduril FOTW would in most cases be better with or without the second ability
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:26 pm
Thanks, M_H. GP

TheJord
Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:54 pm
Its a good thinkg they changed the rules about the post-Shadows site path. Moria could use Dark Places to replace every single opponents site to either a underground or marsh. Splash that into a Orc Underground Swarm and death to the FP via Goblin Hordes and Conquered Halls
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:06 pm
Okay, another question, then....

With the site-changing cards, does it work in reverse? For example, can cards like Traveled Leader, There’s Another Way, Ulaire Nelya, Third of the Nine Riders replace the numbered sites in the FOTR, TTT, or ROTK blocks?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions