LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
NBarden
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:22 pm
--- description ---
NPE = Dwarf/Sauron discard, right? Wrong. The new NPE for standard.
--- end description ---

FREE PEOPLES:

41/41

Gimli, Bearer of Grudges
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

Linnar, Dwarven Lord
Durin III, Dwarven lord

Ring of Guile x 4
Ring of Artifice x 3
Ring of Fury x 2

Heavy Axe x 3
Belt of Erebor x 3
Dwarven Bracers x 3
Arod, Rohirrim Steed

Nobody Tosses a Dwarf x 4
Honed x 4
No Pauses, No Spills x 4
Blood Runs Chill x 2

Proud and Able x 2
Subterranean Homestead x 4

SHADOW:

Mocking Goblin x 3
Morgul Tormentor x 3
Orc Tormentor x 3
Orc Crusher x 2
Isengard Underling x 4
Orkish Smith x 4
Porter Troll x 2

Bound to its Fate x 4
Dread and Despair x 4

Goblin Hordes x 4
The Beckoning Shadow x 2
Unforgiving Depths x 4

Vicious Warg x 2

Here are the dwarves at their greatest standard glory! Nobody Tosses a Dwarf gets played LIKE CRAZY!!!!!! If you don’t get it your first turn, mulligan. You’ll probably get it soon in the game though.

Okay, so now you break the rule of 4. Not THE rule of 4, but the deckbuilding rule of four by including 11 copies of Nobody Tosses a Dwarf in your deck. LEGALLY! Okay, maybe not eleven per se, but with the Ring of Artifice and the Ring of Guile, you might as well (NOTE: Ring of Artifice DOES NOT directly pull Nobody Tosses of Dwarf, but instead pulls the Ring of Guile which pulls nobody tosses a Dwarf. You can also pull Subterranean Homestead if you deem appropriate). Basically, the rest is straightforward Hack ’n Slash Dwarves. Have fun! I have never yet died to anything except swarm and Ninja Gollum with (my expanded version of) this deck, as Gimli’s resistance skyrockets as well. Subterranean Homestead is yet another way to discard.

The with the other side, their fellowship has gotta be beat up or they start discarding cards from hand OR adding burdens. Either one helps, and when they run out of cards, they have to add burdens. Ring-bound hate with Orc Crusher corrupts fast or at least gets the stuff going. Mocking Goblin + 4x Orc Crusher in your hand = 5 burdens vs Ring Bound guys!!!!!

Swap sites out with Unforgiving depths and toss all your events and conditions around with Isengard Underling, Orkish Smith, and Goblin Hordes. Not to mention that your FP likes underground sites as well...and the muster can help cycle through your deck.

So, what does everyone think? I want to slim it down to a 40/40, or do you think that NP,NS will be able to handle the load?

BTW, During is strength 24 best case scenario. And damage + 5. So 1x Honed and Sauron’s owned! Not to mention an ill played Shelob gets owned twice and killed, no pumps involved. And the Balrog dies. That Witch-King also dies. And almost everything else is overwhelmed.

IF YOU RUN AGAINST ANY FORM OF THREE HUNTERS DECK IN YOUR AREA!

Gorbag, Filthy Rebel is a MUST for the deck. Twisted Evil
Last edited by NBarden on Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 8 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:29 pm
I would drop 2 copies of Orc Crusher and 1 copy each of Mocking Goblin, Morgul Tormentor, and Orc Tormentor, and replace them with 3 copies of Orc Miscreant and 2 copies of Vicious Warg. Thumbs Up The fellowship side looks great, though. GP for a sweet deck! Very Happy
I had to put something here.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:33 pm
I’m not going to add the Miscreant, because the deck relies on decking out more than anything, you should be able to run once that happens. (and it should happen early). The Warg I will add, however, and I’ll pull the cards suggested. I’ll try to slim down the FP side, maybe cut Honed?

EDIT: Pulled Ring of Artifice and 2x Ring of Fury. Ring of Guile is the primary card in the deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 4:44 pm
Looks really good now. Well done! Applause
I had to put something here.
Pywils
Posted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:40 pm
Nobody Tosses a Dwarf is not in the decklist. Wink
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:04 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ah thats what i was thinking, I read the decklist and i thought, no nobody tosses a dwarf OR dwarven axe, it is standard, but you can’t make an NPE deck without at least ONE of those. Then I read the strategy and got it. u r missing a ton of cards for your freeps in this list.
I count 35/41, BTW how r u planning to get 3 RoA?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:01 pm
Working on acquiring it. It’s not necessary, but nice to have. If you’d like to send me a copy, I’m taking donations. 4x Ring of Guile makes it tick, playing NTAD 8 times total through the game.

BTW, fixed decklist.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:13 pm
Consider adding Dwarven Warrior x4 (who you can immediately kill if you don’t want too many companions sitting around) and Thorin III, Stonehelm.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:44 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Ooh, yeah, Dwarven Warrior and Thorin III, Stonehelm are excellent additions. I can’t believe I didn’t notice their absence! Dwarven Warrior is probably the third-best discarder, right behind Dwarven Axe and Thorin III.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:15 am
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I would definitely put in 2x Dwarven Axe.
Oh and how did you get 4x No Pauses No Spills?
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard