LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:29 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
how about i change it to Frodo, Weary from journey
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:34 pm
Change it to Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms. His ability to skirmish is easy to handle, exert him and Grimbeorn and another guy, Grimbeorn will heal right up. And an Ithilien Blade could help to survive the early sites while you’re setting up.

Boromir, Bearer of Council works well to.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:58 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Or you could use Frodo, Weary From the Journey and a few Measure of Comfort and G for Grand to prevent overwhelming, and it pumps all your other companions.
I’ve run a similar deck for a long time, and it works very well.

If you go against alot of discarding, pull out 1 of each pump, and add 2 The Terror of His Coming to get your conditions back. Lower strength, but it can help more in the long run. And, of course, Erland pulls The Terror of His Coming back when you need it.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:00 pm
Your deck was like this? I knew you ran Gandalf men but I didn’t know you ran followers.

Anyway, I think you outta stick with Isildur. But G for Grand would still work, with the ring, and it pumps your other companions to, and with the X-listing of Courtyard Parapet, the major anti-G For Grand card out there was lost.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:08 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
I’ve got about three different versions of them.
The problem with the G for Grand is that it takes so many card slots. (at least 2 Measure of Comfort, and preferably 4x GfG.)

Although with two new Gandy followers, I’m not sure how necessary it would be; Strange Meeting can throw out +4 strength to 5 different companions now.
An ithilien Blade would help Isildur early on, though. I never thought of trying it that way.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard