LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 1 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 1
FortunesRazor
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:46 pm
--- description ---
I often wondered if this card was worth using and I’m going to attempt to build a deck using it.
--- end description ---

This card requires you to add 2 in the fellowship phase to make every unbound companion +1. Limit +1 per copy. But if you were to have four copies you could make every unbound companion +4 at the cost of 8 twilight. Hmm? Could this work?

8 twilight= Witch-King or possibly it will be enough twilight to face Sauron or a Balrog or a couple of trolls, or maybe even a swarm.

But then again every companion on the table outside of the ring-bearer is +4.

What kind of decks could benefit the most?

The card requires that you spot a gondor man, but with Boromir, Isildur, and Faramir ring-bearers you aren’t limited to Gondor culture. Note the ring-bearer would not be benefitted by the text, but could still be used for spotting.

One benefit of this card is that you don’t have to spot a Gondor guy to play it. There for it can be played for 1 twilight and does not have to be used until a gondor guy shows up.

Most decks could seemingly benefit.

Gandalf Ents- Generate lots of twilight, what is 8 more?
Elves- could use it in conjunction with Gondor
Rohan- could use it possibly without much risk

While Dwarves or Hobbits could use the power, the extra twilight could be deadly as those decks have a built in amount of choke that helps them.

So here is a deck built to try to abuse it and a more conservative Gondor-Rohan build.

Isildur
Ruling Ring

Glorfindel
Gimli, Counter of Foes
Smeagol, Always Helps

Elrond, Elven Lord x3
Gil-Galad x2
Elendil, The Tall x2
Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar x3

Narsil, Forged by Telchar
Anduril, Sword that was broken
Aragorn’s Bow
Scroll of Isildur
Flaming Brand
Gimli’s Battle Axe, Trusted Weapon
Ring of Retribution
Dwarven Bracers
Aiglos
Narya Ring of Fire
Vilya Ring of Air
Knife of the Galadrhim
Asfaloth, Elven Steed
Hadafang

Lend us your aid x3
Confronting the eye x4
The Last alliance of elves and men x2
Don’t Look at them x2

This should make everyone on the board huge. It does run 38 cards, but could easily lose a few, like Asfaloth, Flaming Brand, Dwarven Bracers.

Gondor: Aragorn is a 9/4. Elendil is an 8/5. With Anduril and Narsil they are both 11’s damage +1 and can discard possesions and some conditions and liberate sites if they win. Confronting gets them to 15’s and Last Alliance 18’s, Knife and Brand 19’s. Aragorn’s Bow for direct wounding.

Scroll and Ruling Ring for resistance.

3 Aragorn’s to get him first and provide healing.

Gimli: Lend us your aid to make him and all elves strength +3. Ring of Retribution for extra vitality. Axe for strength and Bracers to prevent wounds and for +1. When he exerts to play Lend us your aid with axe and bracers he is a 14. 18 with confronting.

Elves: Glorfindel is a 9/3, Elrond an 8/4, and Gil-Galad a 9/4. Add rings and Aiglos to make them 8/5 and 12/6. Hadafang makes Elrond strength 10, and can discard conditions. Then Asfaloth is up to you. I’ll put it on Gil-Galad. Note could start Arwen with Gwemigil and put Asfaloth on her. I chose Glorfindel for his base strength. With Lend us your aid we have 12/3, 13/5, 17,6. Then with confronting, 16, 17, and 21. Elrond also heals.

Smeagol: Direct wounding and threats for Gimli’s Axe. Don’t look at them can help cycle.

Here is a pretty standard Rohan deck with it implemented.

Frodo, Couteous Halfling
Such a Weight to Carry

Theodred, Second Marshall
Eomer, Third Marshall

Eowyn Lady of Ithilien
Theoden the Renowned
Rorhirrim Army
Riders of the Mark
Faramir, Wizards Pupil x2
Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar x2

Eomer’s Spear
Dernhelm’s Blade
Herugrim
Riders spear x2
Firefoot
Snowmane
Horse of rohan x2
Anduril, Sword that was broken
Aiglos, Blade of the Faithful

An Honorable Charge x4
Simbelmyne x4

Help in Doubt and need x2
Confronting the eye x4
Sword Rack
Fortress Never Fallen
Arrow Slits
Steward’s Legacy

Frodo vs. Isildur
I thought I’d take the resistance and prevention of revealing/discarding cards.

Thought with Faramir and Aragorn’s healing text and extra vitality due to the artifacts, they could use Hidan more easily. Aragorn’s text will allow Frodo and Rohan to heal Gondor to keep Hidan going. An honorable charge works with them as well and Steward’s Legacy for Faramir.

Confronting will raise all of the Rohan and Gondor guys 4 strength. Notably Eomer is a 9/3 exerting a minion to go to 11. 15 with confronting and then keep pumping with Faramir and Aragorn. Eowyn for direct wounding with Riders and Dernhelm’s Blade. Rorhirrim Army to discard a big minion. Thought about ditching Theodred, starting Eowyn and adding Merry Swordthain, but when Theoden hits the table the move limit is plus 1. This deck doesn’t really require the horse’s so much, but I thought I’d keep them in there. Another alternative would be to Start Eowyn and Eomer, get rid of stewards legacy and one of the horse’s of rohan. Add Erkenbrand or Hama for more possession removal. Then add extra copies of Faramir and Aragorn.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:48 pm
Make sure all your links work. Its an interesting article, but Confronting the Eye is kinda pricey. You would have to run it in a big fellowship or you could get swarmed VERY easily. As you said, Ents would be good, as its already easy to get Treebeard over 20 strength, with confronting the eye, its easy to top Sauron with him. Then with Narsil and the Scroll, you can easily whup with that, and you may even be able to add in Aragorn w/ Anduril and a Ring of Barahir. But you didn’t provide an Ent build. I recommend adding that.

Also, formatting helps a lot. Format your articles so they are easy to read. That will really help.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:55 pm
Why Aragorn, Elessar Telcontar? If you are looking for high strength, you should use Aragorn, Thorongil. Your formatting needs to be edited, and I’m surprised not to see Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow with a couple copies of Hearts Raised to counter the threat adding.

Good to see an article from a new member, though. Thumbs Up Right now, I would give it a 3, but I will wait for you to edit it. Smile
I had to put something here.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest