LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:53 pm
--- description ---
CHEAP Elven telepathy using the BOTTOM of your draw deck. Article about it someday. FP only
--- end description ---

This is a very cheap deck. It takes advantage of arwen, echo of luthien ’s ability with several elven warrior ’s. It cycles very quickly as you may have noticed from Arwen’s text, so the deck list is consequently longer.

In the manuver phase, exert a couple elven warriors and put a couple cards to the bottom of your draw deck. Assign the biggest and worst minions to Arwen. Discard two cards from your hand and the cards on the bottom of your draw deck, and the minion your skirmishing is strength minus 6! The more exertions, the more your opponent is weaker.
So the strategy is to assign all the strong minions to Arwen and anything else goes against the elven warriors, which have plenty of weapons, pumps, and Beren and Luthien to defend themeselves with. And all the exertion wounds on the warriors are healed with master of healing and Farewell to Lorien.
The biggest weakness for the deck would be against minions that like to have initiative, because, quite obviously, they will have it most of the time. however it does alright against minion decks based on conditions because of a couple the seen and unseen and it does well against corruption by using several songs of the blessed realm and Beren and Luthien.
If anybody has any criticisms for me that would be great. I don’t have the cards yet so I’m not perfectly sure it will work.

Total= 43 cards
Price= $7.40 (NOOO! I need to get it down to at most $5.00)

Starting
Frodo and a ring
1x Arwen, Echo of Luthien
An elven warrior

Companions and Allies 9

4x Elven Warrior
1x Orophin, Lorien Bowman
1x Rumil, Elven Protector
1x Calaglin, Elf of Lorien
1x Celeborn, Lord of Lorien

Possessions 12

4X Blade of Lindon
4x Naith Longbow
2X Elven Sword
2x Elven Bow

Events 17

4X Attunement
3x Master of Healing
2x Farewell to Lorien
2x The seen and the Unseen
4x Inside a Song
2x Valor

Conditions 5
3x Songs of the Blessed Realm
2x Beren and Luthien

Actually I think this deck is expanded legal.
"SOMEONE..."
"Was there sposed to be anything more to that phrase?"
"Shut up! Shut your mouth, you!"
-The Cloak
www.filmcow.com
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:28 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
nice deck. yeah I am pretty sure it is expanded
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 pm
well I’m worried about the elven warrior ’s. They aren’t exactly monstrously strong, they are often exerted, they make up most of the fellowship, and they are extremely vital for the deck to work. Exausted they are useless.
"SOMEONE..."
-The Cloak
www.filmcow.com
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:52 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you should try to get some sword of the fallen. if all your warriors had one of those, they would be 8 with a bonus.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:13 pm
I know this is a budget deck, and for budget it’s okay, but I’d like to add a few cards that could be helpful (even if they’re not exactly cheap):

Shadow Between
Seclusion
Glimpse of Fate.

Here’s the deck as I would run it (keeping your theme, and a moderate budget theme):

R-B and Ring:
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
with
The One Ring, Ring of Rings

Starting Fellowship: 2
Arwen, Echo of Luthien
Elven Warrior

Other Companions: 5
Elven Warrior x2
Gandalf, Manager of Wizards x3

Possessions: 11
Sword of the Fallen x4
Elven Sword x2
Nenya, Ring of Adamant x3
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer x2

Conditions: 5
Mallorn-Trees x2
Shadow Between
Glimpse of Fate x2

Events: 17
Attunement x4
Still Needed x4
Farewell to Lorien x2
Seclusion x3
Valor x4

That’s 40 cards. If you need it bigger, I’d suggest some Cirdan, the Shipwright.

Gandalf + Glamdring help with burdens, and now you can play off the top or bottom of your deck.

Sword of the Fallen is just plain sweet, and it helps out Valor.

Nenya gives healing, and sets your topdeck.

Shadow Between heals, and with Arwen and Gandalf, Glimpse of Fate is just obvious.

Still needed are there for attunement. Then, you can slap the attunments below with warriors to help Arwen.

Farewell to Lorien heals.

Mallorn-Trees sets you up in fellowship, so you don’t have to exert your warriors.

Seclusion helps with conditions, and further stops corruption (especially the Nazgul turbo-type).

It ought to cycle like crazy.

Anyways, if you *don’t* want to spend a lot of money getting those cards, here’s my advice: Lose the allies, find some other way to heal, pack condition rather than burden removal, elves are better at it, get glimspe of fate, it’s only uncommon, and get some sword of the fallen. Pack any other elven events (even Defiance is good, it helps against nazgul) instead of Inside a Song.

Anyways, GP for the deck idea! Anytime you need help with an elf deck, EL’s your man! Wink
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
YourStinkenFace
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:14 pm
thanks. Ya I noticed glimpse of fate yesterday. And sword of the fallen is good. REally good.
"SOMEONE..."
-The Cloak
www.filmcow.com

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open