LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:25 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I thought this would be an interesting twist...but it’s not very reliable. So the Shadow still has a decent chance of winning.

Title: •Strength of Men
Culture: Gondor
Type: Condition-Support Area
Twilight: 2
Resistance: -2
Text: Bearer is a ringbearer. Response: If the ringbearer is about to die in a skirmish, spot a Gondor Man to transfer this condition and the One Ring to him.
"There is still strength in men."

Title: •Lure of the Ring
Culture: Wraith
Type: Condition-Support Area
Twilight: 2
Text: Response: If a Gondor companion gains ringbearer and bears the ring, exert a Nazgul and discard this condition to reveal a card from the Free Peoples player’s hand. Add X burdens, where X is the twilight cost of the card revealed.
menace64
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:04 am
Sam is enough of an issue with burden decks; this would ruin them.

Think for a moment how burden decks work. They usually have enough difficulty corrupting the 12-resistance RBs running around these days. With these cards, they’d have to make you ditch your primary RB, and then corrupt the second one on top of it.

It’s a neat idea I’ve tried tinkering with in the past, but it’s too game dominating and can be a horrible NPE.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:09 pm
It’s not as easy as it looks. The best resistance that any Gondor RB has is 7. The condition makes it 5, and then you have •Lure of the Ring to add some burdens-particularly if you happen to have the Balrog, Flame of Udun or a similar card in hand. It’s supposed to be a desparation for the FP.

I can also envision some Fellowships playing this, then letting Frodo get overwhelmed so they can transfer the Ring to a Gondor guy like Aragorn.
ingold55
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:07 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
it is cool but way to powerful! for the minions
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 6:43 pm
It’s supposed to be uber-powerful for the minions. That way it stays as a last resort. I’ll post more cards for other evil cultures.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards