LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is For Gondor!?

5 (Best)  
15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

46%
  [ 6 ]  46%

23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

Total Votes : 13
NBarden
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:44 pm

Basic pump. Gondor knights are back!

An exertion is expensive, though, but for standard, which doesn’t have that many pumps, its good. I give it a 4.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:47 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
An easy 4 for me, especially with the new armor that can make ANY Gondor companion a knight. That is one neat pump.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 12:50 pm
Hooray for ale! Very Happy

I mean, uh, nice card. A 4 from me. Smile
I had to put something here.
anonymous22
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 5:28 pm
it says Him or her. So far, I haven’t seen any gondor female knights. Is this a foreshadowing of the other spoilers in T&D?
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:52 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Not necessarily.

Armor of the White City can make any Gondor companion a knight.
The question is, are there any female Gondor companions? Not that I know of, but maybe they’re just hedging their bets with the "him or her."

Maybe a Gondor Arwen eventually, or something.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:10 pm
Since simple +3 boost. I like it.

But it actually doesn’t really fit into the knights strategy at the moment, since knights prefer to kill with wounding. I would also rather use War Must Be in any case, but I suppose that in Standard format it’s okay.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:11 am
3. Exertions are never good unless your exploiting stewards legacy.

I think it says "him or her" because of an equality issue a while back. Many sets ago im sure D released something saying all cards would say him or her now to avoid any gender issues. Something like that anyway Think
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Cobra
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:46 pm
This card will probably see some play in block format, but as strength pumps go, For Gondor! really isn’t too good. Exerting is a significant cost, and the knight requirement makes it a bit too specific, especially considering that (as AC mentioned) knights shouldn’t really go for brute strength.

For a zero-cost skirmish event, I’d rather play something of the "+2, or +4 if..." variety.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:34 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its won’t be seen anywhere IMHO. except maybe in standard where knights don’t have a ton better(but RtC...)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
masswelter13
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:06 pm
Yeah, 4 is good, but it is deffinatly not the best.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit