LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Harry Goatleaf?

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

61%
  [ 8 ]  61%

15%
  [ 2 ]  15%

1 (Worst)  
23%
  [ 3 ]  23%

Total Votes : 13
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:04 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
another note sucky name harry goatleaf? for the love of Benji Very Happy
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:17 pm
Blame Tolkien if you don’t like the name. Rolling Eyes
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Piecesofeight
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:27 pm
All of these guys are awful without support cards. With no damage +1 or fierce they can’t to much. Too overpriced to swarm and after region 1 they are awful.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:09 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Blame Tolkien if you don’t like the name. Rolling Eyes

well, I guess he was probably running out of good names Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Cobra
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:00 pm
Strange title for a non-unique minion.

I don’t recall this character from the book (for shame... I guess I’ll have to look him up now Rolling Eyes), but I would argue it’s quite possible for him to be one of the "bad guys" at Bree without actually being in league with the Nazgul.
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:37 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
Pretty worthless minion overall.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:21 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Cobra wrote:
Strange title for a non-unique minion.

I don’t recall this character from the book (for shame... I guess I’ll have to look him up now Rolling Eyes), but I would argue it’s quite possible for him to be one of the "bad guys" at Bree without actually being in league with the Nazgul.

Harry Goatleaf is in there...
Wikipedia wrote:
In J. R. R. Tolkien’s The Lord of the Rings, Harry Goatleaf was the gatekeeper at the West-gate of Bree. On Monday, September 27, 3018, Harry Goatleaf was approached by two Black Riders, who spoke to Harry and left him shaking with fear. On September 29, Harry was at the West-gate when Frodo Baggins and his companions arrived in Bree. Harry was interested to learn that the Hobbits came from the Shire and he asked them their names and business, but Merry Brandybuck evaded his questions. Later Harry was in the Common Room of the Prancing Pony and he witnessed Frodo’s disappearance when the Ring slipped onto his finger. Harry left the Common Room after Bill Ferny and a squint-eyed Southerner. Aragorn later told Frodo that he suspected that the Black Riders might use Bill Ferny and Harry Goatleaf and others for evil work. Later that night the inn was attacked and the Hobbits’ empty room was ransacked.

Early in the New Year of 3019, fighting broke out between the Southerners and the Bree-folk. Harry Goatleaf and Bill Ferny sided with the Southerners and may have let them into the town. Harry went with the Southerners when they were expelled from Bree. His ultimate fate was not explored.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Gillian
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 2:20 am
Why this Guy is not unique?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:33 am
Because of one of two things.

1. Decipher have messed up just like they have on countless other cards in this set (and a few other sets), which is likely.

2. Big D has decided that he purposely shouldnt be unique in which case they were taking something illegal when they were designing him.

Either wouldn’t surprise me currently.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit