LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
30%
  [ 4 ]  30%

61%
  [ 8 ]  61%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
corvus
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:28 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
All in all, a great article. Just an objection concerning Rohirrim: I would switch both cards for Eomer, Northman and Aragorn, Defender of Rohan.

Eowyn can be proxied by into the caves, and Theoden is just like Aragorn, with the only difference of stats and the fact that Aragorn is a brand new thing switching cultures! Very Happy Moreover, Eomer can be a great splash companion.

Other than that, a great article! Applause
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:44 am
Thanks for the review, corvus! Very Happy

I put Eomer, Northman in 2nd place, but Eowyn is too good to be knocked out the top spot.
I had to put something here.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:23 pm
A section on the 2 best sites in RoS added! Thumbs Up
serpentknight20o7
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:03 am
nice article. many of ur 1st place rankings i did not agree with...simply because of my preferences and thoughts. over, good. some more elaboration on each section tho.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 1:19 pm
If you give me a 3, you can at least give me a reason why, rather a vague statement. What would you do to make this article better? Please don’t vote on any more articles unless you actually tell the person specifically what to change. Otherwise, the author has a lower rating and is most likely upset from the person not giving a specific reason for giving a low vote.
serpentknight20o7
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 1:41 am
im sry but i just disagreed w/ alot of it.

for Elven, i think rumil and orophin shuld be #1 and 2 since they are great for controlled wounding with their similar abilities (elven guardian comes
next..)
for Gondor, faramir and his bow are great new cards, as faramir can now be a strong RB archer who helps roaming minion decks. faramir’s bow is also great for wounding.
for Men, u spoke of discarding men, so i think ceremonial armor shuld be on there; its great for a discarding deck (not even unique!)
for Orc, grishnahk is good because he encourages mixing of orc/uruks, with the whole grishnahk/ugluk scenario in towers.
for Rohan, wheres aragorn. this was my main disagreement, as i think he shuld be #1 because he switched cultures and became a great rohan card. hunter one for all comp w/ a fighting RB + hes a freakin strong rohan - maybe the best base stats with 4 cost 8/4/6.
for Shire, hornblower leaf could be up there with the ability for hobbits and hobbit/ents to double move (triple w/ radagast? o.O)
for Uruk-hai, saruman could be there..more condition removal as well as -1 resistance; with his staff = even more damage.
for Wraith, cantea could possibly be there, i love ring of terror with its ability to get back cards from the discard pile

this is what i personally thought, and i guess i gave it a 3 since i had so many disagreements. yes my thoughts can be wrong, but its what i feel. im sry and i cannot take back my vote now. sry if i screwed up ur ratings tho. i hope this shows why i gave u what i did. i did like the article, if it helps.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:00 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I like the format of this article very much! However, it just feels weird not having 3rd place awards (when possible)... Also, when you write an article like this, keep in mind that you should ALWAYS make it VERY clear that those are YOUR choices of the best cards, and make thebest you can to defend that point of view. Since you won’t have time to implement it until later today, though, I’ll stick with a 4, and just hope you don’t feel offended by it.
I don't like YOU.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 11:01 am
Thanks, FM! Very Happy
Cobra
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 1:22 am
Congratulations to Anonymous Prodigy, who takes 5th place and $5 store credit in the April 2007 LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest. Cheers
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:33 am
Thanks, Cobra, and thanks to everyone for the votes! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest