LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:03 pm
I do like the synergy with artifacts, but do you need the limit as there’s already the rule of 4? Unless you’re planning on playing it in other phases...
Burden removal is not one of the dwarven strengths, but it’s interesting.
I’d be tempted to put a massive drawback on the arkenstone - after all, it does make Thorin nearly go crazy and throw Bilbo off the top of the Lonely Mountain! - though 4 cost could be drawback enough.

Thranduil
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:16 pm
GP for your review! Very Happy

I edited it. Any better? Smile
I had to put something here.
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 5:20 pm
Good stuff. I like how you have to add loads to play and use it, but can take some away later at a cost.

Thranduil
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
4 • The Arkenstone, Greatest Jewel of the Mountain Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
When you play this artifact, you may draw a card for each Dwarven artifact you can spot.
Each time Dwarf bearing an artifact wins a skirmish, you may add 2 to heal a companion or remove a threat.
Regroup: Discard this artifact to remove [X], where X is the current region number.
”But fairest of all was the great white gem, which the dwarves had found beneath the roots of the Mountain, the Heart of the Mountain, the Arkenstone of Thrain.”
R26

I highly doubt that would all fit on one card, but I can hardly complain. You DO need an "a" nefore Dwarf in the second ability, but otherwise this is just plain awesome! GP when I’m able to award it.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:26 pm
Thanks, Dain! Very Happy

Here are the Dwarven cards for a couple more reviews before I begin Free Peoples Green! Thumbs Up

2 • Oin, Son of Groin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
When you play Oin (except in your starting fellowship), you may spot another Dwarf to draw a card for each burden you can spot.
”’Well, of course you haven’t seen Oin and Gloin yet.’”
U1

2 • Gloin, Elder Dwarf Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert Gloin to heal a Shire companion bearing a follower.
”Gloin lit several more torches....”
R2

2 • Dori, Decent Fellow Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While you can spot a Shire companion, Dori can take only 1 wound per skirmish phase.
”’Dori at your service!’”
U3

2 • Nori, Dwarven Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
While Nori is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.
”...Nori and Ori were there almost before he had stopped....”
U4

2 • Ori, Of the House of Durin Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert Ori and add 1 to take a Dwarven skirmish event from your discard pile into hand (limit once per turn).
”...Ori, Oin, and Gloin were waterlogged and seemed only half alive....”
U5

2 • Dwalin, Companion of Thrain Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Each time a Shadow card exerts a companion, you may draw a card.
”...Dwalin and Balin were two of the most unhappy....”
R6

2 • Fili, Dwarven Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Regroup: Exert Fili to remove [X], where X is the number of minions you can spot.
”’…Fili is the youngest and has the best sight….’”
U7

2 • Kili, Dwarven Adventurer Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1. Hunter 1.
Fellowship: Exert Kili and add X threats to draw X cards (limit 2).
”Fili and Kili, however, who were young (for dwarves) and had also been packed more neatly with plenty of straw into smaller casks, came out more or less smiling, with only a bruise or two and a stiffness that soon wore off.”
U8

2 • Bifur, Dwarf of Erebor Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Each time Bifur wins a skirmish, you may remove 2.
”Bifur and Bofur were less knocked about and drier….”
C9

2 • Bofur, Dwarf of Khazad-dum Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Each time you play a possession on Bofur, you may add 1 to heal him.
”Up came Bofur, and still all was safe.”
C10

2 • Bombur, Fattest and Last Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 4
Muster.
Fellowship: Exert Bombur twice to heal another Dwarven companion and draw 2 cards.
”’And me!’ gasped Bombur pulling up behind. He was fat, and also angry at being left till last. He refused to wait five minutes, and followed immediately after the other two.”
U11

2 • Balin, Look-out Man Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Each time a minion is played, you may spot another Dwarf and exert Balin twice to return that minion to its owner’s hand.
”He crept still nearer, and suddenly he saw peering between two big boulders a head with a red hood on: it was Balin doing look-out.”
R12

3 • Thorin II, Oakenshield Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Damage +1.
To play, spot a Dwarf.
While Thorin II is in your starting fellowship, his twilight cost is -1.
Each time Thorin II wins a skirmish, you may reinforce a Dwarven token.
While Thorin II bears an artifact, he gains muster.
”Thorin son of Thrain son of Thror King under the Mountain!" said the dwarf in a loud voice, and he looked it, in spite of his torn clothes and draggled hood. The gold gleamed on his neck and waist: his eyes were dark and deep.”
R13

2 • Thorin’s Harp, Golden Instrument Dwarven
Artifact
Resistance +1
Bearer must be Thorin.
Maneuver: Exert Thorin to draw a card for each roaming minion you can spot (limit 3).
Regroup: Discard this artifact to heal Thorin.
”It was a beautiful golden harp, and when Thorin struck it the music began all at once, so sudden and sweet that Bilbo forgot everything else, and was swept away into dark lands under strange moons, far over The Water and very far from his hobbit-hole under The Hill.”
R14

0 Dwarf Pony Dwarven
Possession • Mount
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Discard this possession to draw a card.
”They were on ponies, and each pony was slung about with all kinds of baggages, packages, parcels, and paraphernalia.”
C15

1 At Your Service! Dwarven
Event • Maneuver
Spot 3 Dwarves and exert a Dwarf to make another Dwarf defender +1 until the regroup phase.
”They thanked him, of course, with many bows and sweepings of their hoods and with many an ‘at your service….’”
U16

3 • Dain Ironfoot, Lord of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 7
Damage +1.
Regroup: Exert Dain Ironfoot X times to place X wounds on minions and draw X cards.
”With cries of ‘Moria!’ and ‘Dain, Dain!’ the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks, upon the other side….”
R17

2 Dwarf of the Iron Hills Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Damage +1.
Skirmish: Exert this companion to make another Dwarf strength +2 (or +3 and damage +1 if skirmishing an Orc).
”...the ravens brought news that Dain and more than five hundred dwarves, hurrying from the Iron Hills….”
U18

1 Silver-hafted Axe Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may add 2 to heal a Dwarven companion bearing an artifact (or 1 if the fellowship has moved more than once this turn).
”Royal indeed did Thorin look, clad in a coat of gold-plated rings, with a silver hafted axe in a belt crusted with scarlet stones.”
U19

0 Dwarven Cloak Dwarven
Possession • Cloak
Resistance +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf or Bilbo.
When you play this possession, you may add 1 to draw a card.
”...and Bilbo was wearing a dark-green hood (a little weather-stained) and a dark-green cloak borrowed from Dwalin.”
C20

2 • Two-handed Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Maneuver: Exert bearer twice and add 2 to make each minion lose its special abilities until the regroup phase.
”In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks….”
R21

0 Dwarven Helm Dwarven
Possession • Helm
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that.
”Their caps were of iron….”
C22

1 Wielding Their Mattocks Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Make a Dwarf bearing a hand weapon strength +2 (or +5 if you can spot more minions than companions).
”…the dwarves of the Iron Hills plunged in, wielding their mattocks….”
C23

0 Come Swiftly To Us Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Exert a Dwarf to make another companion strength +1 for each minion you can spot (limit +5).
”’Let Dain son of Nain come swiftly to us!’”
C24

2 • Orcrist, Orc-biter Dwarven
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be Thorin. He is damage +1.
Each time an Orc is played, you may discard a Dwarven tale to make that Orc strength -2 until the regroup phase.
”’This, Thorin, the runes name Orcrist, the Goblin-cleaver in the ancient tongue of Gondolin; it was a famous blade.’”
R25

4 • The Arkenstone, Greatest Jewel of the Mountain Dwarven
Artifact • Support Area
To play, spot 3 Dwarves.
When you play this artifact, you may draw a card for each Dwarven artifact you can spot.
Each time a Dwarf bearing an artifact wins a skirmish, you may add 1 to remove a burden or a threat.
Regroup: Discard this artifact to remove [X], where X is the current region number.
”But fairest of all was the great white gem, which the dwarves had found beneath the roots of the Mountain, the Heart of the Mountain, the Arkenstone of Thrain.”
R26
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Mon May 07, 2007 7:03 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:32 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
...I begin Free Peoples Green! Thumbs Up

I really look forward to that. I feel a little giddy that I’ve inspired someone enough to use a whole new culture I "created"! Very Happy
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:28 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
great batch AP, you got some nice ones
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:22 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
...I begin Free Peoples Green! Thumbs Up

I really look forward to that. I feel a little giddy that I’ve inspired someone enough to use a whole new culture I "created"! Very Happy

Hey, you had a good idea. I’ll use it too. Thumbs Up

Green will begin tomorrow, due to the fact that I am away from my personal computer today. Smile
I had to put something here.
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:23 am
Is Green an ent culture? Think
Aragorn, King in Exile
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:29 am
Green is the Mirkwood culture Dain created for the Elves, spiders, and various other beings that inhabit Mirkwood.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards