LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:44 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0Ring of Salubrity Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard a Dwarven card from hand to prevent that.
Regroup: Exert bearer twice and discard this artifact to heal each other Dwarven companion.
“‘But now, if we must go without the rewards and the weregilds that are owed to us, the sooner we return to our own lands the better pleased we shall be.’”

Nice! Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Thráin, Durin’s Heir Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
When you play Thráin, add a burden or 2 threats.
Maneuver: Add a burden to play a Dwarven artifact or tale from your discard pile. Limit twice per turn.
Response: Each time a Shadow event is played, you may exert Thráin or discard a Dwarven card from hand to reveal the top card of your draw deck and take it into hand. If it is a Dwarven card, you may heal a Dwarf.
“‘But surely my own kin will not desert me?’”

Strange, but good. Very Happy
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:04 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

0Ring of Salubrity Dwarven
Artifact • Ring
Vitality +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard a Dwarven card from hand to prevent that.
Regroup: Exert bearer twice and discard this artifact to heal each other Dwarven companion.
“‘But now, if we must go without the rewards and the weregilds that are owed to us, the sooner we return to our own lands the better pleased we shall be.’”
make it only 1 exertion, not many a dwarf can survive taking the equivalent of 3 wounds.

1Thráin, Durin’s Heir Dwarven
Companion • Dwarf
Strength: 5
Vitality: 3
Resistance: 6
When you play Thráin, add a burden or 2 threats.
Maneuver: Add a burden to play a Dwarven artifact or tale from your discard pile. Limit twice per turn.
Response: Each time a Shadow event is played, you may exert Thráin or discard a Dwarven card from hand to reveal the top card of your draw deck and take it into hand. If it is a Dwarven card, you may heal a Dwarf.
“‘But surely my own kin will not desert me?’”

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:53 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Dáin’s DC Duos #200!

200 Duos! I never even got CLOSE to that in the original run of Duos on Decipher’s boards. Hurray!

To celebrate, here’s a Dwarven Double Duo of some of the most powerful and interesting cards not just in the Dwarven culture, but in the whole set. Also, I’ll be posting some bonus cards throughout the weekend. Smile And since I can’t give anyone cake, I’ll instead give anyone who reviews these cards a celebratory GP. Hey, better than nothing, right? Razz

Enjoy! Mr. Green

1 His Companions Followed Him Dwarven
Event • Skirmish
Spot Thorin or Dáin Ironfoot and a threat to play a Dwarf. You may immediately assign that Dwarf to any skirmish involving a wounded companion.
“Suddenly there was a great shout, and from the Gate came a trumpet call. They had forgotten Thorin!”

4 Fell or Fled Before Them Dwarven
Event • Assignment or Skirmish
Toil 1.
Exert Thorin 3 times (or 2 times if at a battleground) to make him or an unbound companion with the Thorin signet strength +4, damage +1, defender +1, and unable to take wounds until the regroup phase.
“Thorin wielded his axe with mighty strokes, and nothing seemed to harm him.”

2Quest of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. To play, spot 3 Dwarves and another Free Peoples race (except Elf).
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, you may remove 1 for each Dwarf companion you can spot (limit 4).
“‘I do not suppose that when it started Thorin had any real hope of destroying Smaug. There was no hope. Yet it happened.’”

2The Battle of Five Armies Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Plays only during the maneuver phase. To play, spot a Dwarf and five cultures.
While this condition is in your support area, at the start of each maneuver phase you may name three cultures. Until the regroup phase (or until you lose initiative), each time a card from any of those cultures is played, you may make that card’s twilight cost -1 or +1.
If you lose initiative, transfer this card to an opponent’s support area.
“So began a battle that none had expected...and it was very terrible.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Sat May 05, 2007 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 4:00 pm
Oops. Wrong post. Ignore this. Embarassed
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:11 pm
dain ironfoot wrote:
Oops. Wrong post. Ignore this.

This confuses me. Did you mean to ignore the cards you just put up, or simply this post? Nevermind, I’m going to talk about the cards whether you like it or not.

dain ironfoot wrote:
Event • Skirmish
Spot Thorin or Dáin Ironfoot and X threats to play a Dwarf; that Dwarf’s twilight cost is -X. You may immediately assign that Dwarf to any skirmish involving a wounded companion.
“Suddenly there was a great shout, and from the Gate came a trumpet call. They had forgotten Thorin!”

Is this card supposed to let multiple companions fight in the same skirmish? If so that’s damn cool! I don’t see the point of the first ability though, especially considering that it costs 1 twilight to play in the first place. I would just say something like ’add a threat to play a dwarf’.

dain ironfoot wrote:
Toil 1.
Exert Thorin 3 times (or 2 times if at a battleground) to make him or an unbound companion with the Thorin signet strength +4, damage +1, defender +1, and unable to take wounds until the regroup phase.

Hey, you stole my lore text! A lot like down from the hills, and I like it.

dain ironfoot wrote:
2•Quest of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf companion moves to a mountain or underground site, you may remove 1 (limit 4).
“‘I do not suppose that when it started Thorin had any real hope of destroying Smaug. There was no hope. Yet it happened.’”

Sounds a lot like Gimli, dwarf of the mountain-race, you know, the one that got X-listed when shadows came out! But it’s much more balanced than that one, so I wouldn’t worry. Also, I don’t get what the limit is for, it’s unique and you only move once at a time.

dain ironfoot wrote:
2•The Battle of Five Armies Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Tale. Plays during the maneuver phase. To play, spot five cultures (including other players’ cultures).
While this condition is in your support area, at the start of each maneuver phase you may name three cultures. Until the regroup phase (or until you lose initiative), each time a card from any of those cultures is played, you may make that card’s twilight cost -1 or +1. If you lose initiative, transfer this card to an opponent’s support area.

I really like it, but I think you should specify that it plays ONLY in the maneuver phase (which I imagine is your intention). Also, you don’t need to specify that you can spot other players’ cultures, you can always do that. Should you also make sure that you can spot a Dwarf or Gandalf or someone? Otherwise, it could easily go in any deck. And it’s a shame that you can’t use it on the turn you play it. And what happens if you lose initiative by playing this card? Does it go straight to your opponent’s support area? And each shadow player automatically loses initiative if the Fellowship stops moving. Is this your intention?

Thranduil
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:40 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Event • Skirmish
Spot Thorin or Dáin Ironfoot and X threats to play a Dwarf; that Dwarf’s twilight cost is -X. You may immediately assign that Dwarf to any skirmish involving a wounded companion.
nice

Toil 1.
overcosted cut cost to 2.

2Quest of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time a Dwarf companion moves to a mountain or underground site, you may remove 1 (limit 4).
cut cost to 1.

Condition • Support Area
Tale. Plays during the maneuver phase. To play, spot five cultures (including other players’ cultures).
While this condition is in your support area, at the start of each maneuver phase you may name three cultures. Until the regroup phase (or until you lose initiative), each time a card from any of those cultures is played, you may make that card’s twilight cost -1 or +1. If you lose initiative, transfer this card to an opponent’s support area.

whoah...I don’t quite understand that second ability.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 8:23 pm
Thanks, guys. Thumbs Up Made some changes.

Anyone else? I expected The Battle of Five Armies to create a little more...controversy. Mr. Green
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

elf lvr
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 9:09 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #200!

200 Duos! I never even got CLOSE to that in the original run of Duos on Decipher’s boards. Hurray!

To celebrate, here’s a Dwarven Double Duo of some of the most powerful and interesting cards not just in the Dwarven culture, but in the whole set. Also, I’ll be posting some bonus cards throughout the weekend. Smile And since I can’t give anyone cake, I’ll instead give anyone who reviews these cards a celebratory GP. Hey, better than nothing, right? Razz

Enjoy! Mr. Green

Event • Skirmish
Spot Thorin or Dáin Ironfoot and a threat to play a Dwarf. You may immediately assign that Dwarf to any skirmish involving a wounded companion.
Interesting... would that make 2 companions on one minion?

Toil 1.
Cool. Reminds me of some Gandalf card from Towers block. I forget the name right now...

2Quest of Erebor Dwarven
Condition • Support Area
Each time the fellowship moves to a mountain or underground site, you may remove 1 for each Dwarf companion you can spot (limit 4).
Cool.

Condition • Support Area
Tale. Plays only during the maneuver phase. To play, spot a Dwarf and five cultures.
While this condition is in your support area, at the start of each maneuver phase you may name three cultures. Until the regroup phase (or until you lose initiative), each time a card from any of those cultures is played, you may make that card’s twilight cost -1 or +1.
If you lose initiative, transfer this card to an opponent’s support area.
GEEEEEZ.

Weird, but workable.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:12 pm
Yes, His Companions Followed Him would make for two companions in the same skirmish. That’s not the first time I’ve done that, though: one of the set’s new Isildurs has an assignment ability that lets him do the same thing for a simple exertion. Smile

Thanks for the reviews, guys. Moving on....

Dáin’s DC Duos #201-202

Another double Duo, this time with Dwarven possessions. There’s a bunch in this set. Smile For example, here’s no less than FOUR new weapons. Enjoy!

1 Dwarven Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer bears no other weapons, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
“In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks....”

0 Dwarven Short Sword Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon.
Skirmish: Discard this weapon to wound a minion bearer is skirmishing (twice if that minion is an Orc or Uruk-hai). The Shadow player may remove X threats to prevent X of those wounds.
“...each of them had also a short broad sword at his side....”

0 Dwarven Knife Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer bears no other hand weapons, bearer is strength +1.
This weapon may not be discarded by Shadow cards.
“Then the battle began. Some of the dwarves had knives....”

1 Bow of Horn Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Archery: If the Shadow has initiative, exert bearer or discard a card from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit once per phase).
Archery: If you have initiative, exert bearer and discard a card from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit once per phase).
“Then Thorin seized a bow of horn and shot an arrow at the speaker.”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Mon May 07, 2007 9:28 am; edited 1 time in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

thonnas7
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 9:00 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Dáin’s DC Duos #201-202

2 Dwarven Mattock Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer bears no other weapons, bearer is strength +1 and damage +1.
“In battle they wielded heavy two-handed mattocks....”

I think it costs too much. You could drop it down to one, safely.

1 Dwarven Short Sword Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Skirmish: Discard this weapon to wound a minion bearer is skirmishing (twice if that minion is an Orc or Uruk-hai). The Shadow player may remove (X) to prevent X of those wounds.
“...each of them had also a short broad sword at his side....”

Once again, I think it’s two expensive. Free would be fine.

0 Dwarven Knife Dwarven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
While bearer bears no other hand weapons, bearer is strength +1.
This weapon may not be discarded by Shadow cards.
“Then the battle began. Some of the dwarves had knives....”

I’m liking this new strategy. GP for coming up with it!

2 Bow of Horn Dwarven
Possession • Ranged Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf.
Archery: If the Shadow has initiative, exert bearer or discard a card from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit once per phase).
Archery: If you have initiative, exert bearer and discard a card from hand to make the fellowship archery total +1 (limit once per phase).
“Then Thorin seized a bow of horn and shot an arrow at the speaker.”

This one took me a minute, then I figured it out. Good text, although you could drop this to 1 twilight cost probably.

Edit: One thing I just found. Maybe you intended this. If someone had four cards in his hand he could exert and discard to make the total +1, then the shadow has initiative, so they could do it again, correct?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards