LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Piecesofeight
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 3:51 pm
--- description ---
A deck that takes advantage of some of the strongest cards from T&D.
--- end description ---
Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings

[3]The Prancing Pony
[3]Mount Doom
[3]Moria Gaurdroom
[2]Mithlond
[2]Moria Stairway
[2]Window to the West
[1]Cavern Enterance
[0]Abandoned Mine Shaft
[0]The Bridge of Khazad-Dum

Faramir, Captain of Ithilien (starting)
Orophin, Silvan Elf (starting)
Gil-Galad, High King of the Noldor
Glorfindel, Eldarin Lord
Aragorn, Heir to the Throne of Gondor
Gandalf, Returned
Elrohir, Son of Elrond
Elrond, Venerable Lord
Stewarts Legacy x3
Elven Armaments x4
Celebring
Galadriel’s Silver Ewer
Anduril, Flame of the West
Lothlorien Guides x2
Namerie
Final Shot x2
Well-Traveled x4
Attunement x2
Farewell to Lórien
Shadowfax, Greatest of the Meras
Defiance x2

Bid 1 to start and use the prancing pony to pull Glorfindel. Glorfindel, Faramir, or Aragorn can use Well-traveled to avoid any of the new deadly sites from T&D and slow down forest nazgul. Stewarts legacy is very important and deserves 3 slots because it can prevent against all of the overpowered decks from RoS: Evil men loop, Lackey, and to a way lesser extent wargs. Elven Armaments prevents orc archery and evil men archery from desimating my fellowship and Gil-Galad allows for events to help me out whenever they are needed. Becuase he can bring any back I chose to have a variety of skirmish events that can help in differant situations. Gandalf and shadowfax were included to combat corruption decks. I think everything else is self-explanatory. Cirdan was not included becuase I don’t feel like he is a strong companion unless there are at least 15 elf events in the deck, this one only has 9 so I felt like other companions would be better. I start Orophin isntead of Arwen becuase even with her new gear she is junk and he is a hunter. I fear uruk hunters with this deck. I am worried about using this deck against Orc Troll’s.

Gothmog, Morgul Leader x3
Mordor Scimitar x3
Goblin Hordes x4
Retribution x2
Unforgiving Depths x3
Bound to its Fate x4
Isengard Underling x4
Orc Miscreant x3
Mocking Goblin x3
Orkish Smith x3
Throne of the Dark Lord

Simple orc corruption deck with Gothmog and misceant added to it. Gothmog is able to play the miscreant in the regroup phase allowing him to be a much greater threat. I decided to add retribution and scimitars in this deck even thougn I am not the biggest fan of that part of the strategy becuase it allows Gothmog to survive easier and could mean that the miscreant can add burdens without needed gothmog. Throne of the Dark lord is a good card for any corruption deck to have.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
pretty cool decks! of course the second one is kinda broken but...GP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard