LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Shadows
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 2:38 pm
--- description ---
The ring-bearer suffers, they all suffer...
--- end description ---

Total:38

Minions:
The Witch-King, Black Lord x4
Gorbag, Covetous Captain x4
Ulaire Otsea, Seventh of the Nine Riders x4
Morgul Brute x4
Morgul Destroyer x4
Morgul Whelp x4
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Possessions:
Morgul Axe x4
Events:
Captured by the Ring x4
Ten Times outnumbered x4
Conditions:
Stronghold of Minas Morgul

This is paired with my Denethor, Last Ruling Steward deck and so cycles really well and can afford to be big.

The aim of this deck is simple really,beat up the ring-bearer with your morcs and then use ten times outnumbered and your orcs abilities to overwhelm companions.

The Witch-King is just nasty, as if you get him in your first draw, then everytime they drop a companion that’s a wound on the ring-bearer, and he can be muchly cheap easily as well.

Otsea is just a cheap nazgul for the morgul brute and morgul destroyer to spot, and he can help cycle, and possibly even set up a swarm.

The morgul whelp is a 9 str minion for one twilight, and when bearing a morgul axe, a few of them can get nasty indeed.

Gorbag, covetous captain just adds to the beatdown, effectively meaning if you use a ten times outnumbered then that orc is +3 for every wound on the ring-bearer.

Alternate ring-bearers will get heavily punished by this deck, due to their much reduced vitality/resistance and if they’re using Frodo, or a Galadriel with plenty of vitality boosts, then all the more wounds can be added.

Stronghold of minas morgul is useful for getting up some tokens up earlier on, then ensuring the ring-bearer is exhausted on site 9 (blow up site 8 regroup)

Gollum adds threats (for the destroyer) can remove the brutes burdens to make a swarm, and ensures there is always at least one wound on the ring-bearer.

Add in final strike if you see alot of archery decks (it’s great fun using gollum, dark as darkness to stop the elven hunters getting the wounds from their threats and then pounding the hunters with morgul destroyer)

Any suggestions?
alehaak
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:17 pm
Don’t you think 4 copies of gorbag and 4 copies of witch king will clog your hand ?!

38 cards is to big ...
My haves / Wants:

http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/about2584-0-asc-0.html

I really want Aragorn's Bow, Ranger Longbow and 3 Gondor Bowmen. Pm me.
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 5:28 pm
archery would rip this deck apart .. so you might wanna add something for that ( not shure what)... it just doesn’t over ly impress me gp though
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 6:34 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why not use Morgul Regiment and Morgul Vanguard / Morgul detachment? I use them in my beatdown deck.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 8:16 pm
The deck looks pretty good! Little Snuffler might not be that bad of a card in here though.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
ingold55
Posted: Sun May 13, 2007 10:21 pm
Joined: 10 Oct 2005 Posts: 1199 Location: Out on the front line
it is a nice deck, though if you run into a deck with steady healing, or over active protection on the ring-bearer, you may run into problems, and miss you goal. A well placed fortification deck may cause problems for your deck, and Gondor also has a great healing coverage, so Gondor may be a culture you should watch out for. I like the deck though! Very Happy I’ll have to try it out soon.
There is a power in this world beyond any of us, and Jesus is that power and The Savior.

Cool this is my attempt to look cool.
Trade list (Want Balrogs and Aragorns)
Shadows
Posted: Mon May 14, 2007 12:47 pm
The detachment et al are cool, but with the witch-king, black lord and Gorbag I don’t really want to add anymore expensive minions, and neither really fit into the wounding ring-bearer theme.

I don’t really get clogged, especially with the well cycling freeps I have, as my other minions are cheap enough to cycle them even if I can’t afford either of the big guys. Plus, the Witch-King can still be nasty if he’s in my hand, and he gets cheap very quickly.

Archery can be combated by adding in a final strike or two but it is probably this decks biggest weakness.

If 38 cards proves too big, or you do seem to get clogged either cut the axes (but the damage+1 is nice) or drop one copy of both the witch-king and Gorbag.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard