LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Celebrimbor
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:14 pm
Since you’re using Daddy Twofoot, next-door neighbor and birthday present, I suggest taking out stout and sturdy and putting in a solid burden removal card. These are some good candidates:

Extraordinary resiliance (you’re healing a lot, convert a healing into a burden removal?

Sorry About Everything

Brace of Coneys (I thought the best one)

Good Work

Or do you have to add much burdens, anyway?
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Dravius
Posted: Wed May 16, 2007 5:44 pm
salt from the shire is sweeet in this deck
menace64
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 1:15 am
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the feedback. I just got back into town tonight and started ripping through the two 1/2 boxes worth of Shadows cards I got in the mail. I know I got at least 2 Salt From the Shire, but let me get some sleep and then I’ll start really getting into your feedback!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:04 am
Hey, bring your Solo-Bilbo deck over on Wednesday. I wanna play it (MORIA SWARM Dancing )
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
menace64
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 2:49 pm
lol I’ve found out the hard way that *any* kind of swarm works painfully well against this deck (for now...).

Anywho!

yerkamig wrote:
You exert Bilbo with Consorting to remove most of the twilight from Sudden Fury, ect.,

Not quite. Consorting’s main function is preventing wounds from anything but archery fire; while I *could* remove twilight with it, I need at least 3 in the pool before I move or it costs me (and I’ve got enough trouble getting 3 at the moment).

yerkamig wrote:
Also considering that Bilbo won’t be taking any wounds, you have a lot of healing cards (eight).

Hmm. True. I’ll definately trim that part.

yerkamig wrote:
I suggest that you take the twelve cards you have devoted to healing and burden removal and replace them with a small 6 card Home and Hearth loop. Here:

Home and Hearth x4
Pippin Hobbit of Some Intelligence x1 (non starting)
Make Haste x1

I like the idea, but using Pippin (or any other companion) would be contrary to my goal for the deck (running *only* Bilbo). In any other situation I would jump at the idea.

DainIronfoot wrote:
Very neat deck, but I would highly recommend finding a way to get a couple Salt from the Shire in there, as they can help with corruption by providing either a resistance boost or peeling off burdens.

Luckily for me I got 3 copies of Salt From the Shire in my Shadows boxes yesterday! I think you’re spot-on with that suggestion and I’ll be fitting them into the deck. As for NfFatRoD (haha, not much of an acronym, eh?), I’ll give it some thought. Being a tale, I could potentially abuse it.

Celebrimbor wrote:
Since you’re using Daddy Twofoot, next-door neighbor and birthday present, I suggest taking out stout and sturdy and putting in a solid burden removal card... Brace of Coneys (I thought the best one)

Eureka! That’s a great idea! As an aside, I don’t know how much use Good Work would get; I can’t see Bilbo *winning* many skirmishes (and that breaks my heart...).

Thanks for all the input, fellas! GP for all!
Riddle 9
When I came to Abraham I let him live just a moment longer. When I came to Moses I saved his life more than once. But the salmon... I regret to say I had a hand in its death.

Who am I?
Lost Heir
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:41 pm
You should definitely put in 4 copies of Nice Imitation to help against archery. Another card that would be pretty good would be Severed His Bonds to help against a big minion. Though I’m not sure if they would be able to get a big minion if there’s not much twilight.

--LH
Check out my Trade List!
View the newest culture in my DC set, The Lords of Gondor: Gandalf

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded