LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Shizknight
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:41 am
The deck i made is just a pariah/stuffy doll deck thats is actually U/B, ive never really seen a deck like this thats U/B. This deck isn’t what id call awesome, but it’s really fun to play with. Just think... A sick drawing advantage, counters, damnation, and the famous pariah/stuffy doll combo! Whats not to like?

creatures & artifacts
4- Dark Confident
4- Stuffy Doll
4- Pariah’s Shield
4- Shadowmage Infiltrator

instants, enchantment, etc...
2- Phrexian Arena
2- Rewind
4- Psionic Blast
4- Bond of Agony
4- Spellburst
4- Damnation
4- Cancel

lands

4- Watery Grave
2- Terramorphic Expanse
7- Island
7- Swamp

Basiclly counter alot until you get Pariah’s Shield and Stuffy Doll into play.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:55 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Why no Underground River? Or River of Tears? Quite frankly, I don’t see you pulling off the combo very often. The Doll costs 5,so does the shield, then there’s theequip cost. By the time you can assemble thecombo, you’ll most likely be dead, with this mana base. Try to use AT LEAST 23 lands, since this is a control deck, and lose Terramorphic Expanse, it’s just too slow. I’ll give you more ideas later,if you care, since the last one didn’t ever get a response...
I don't like YOU.
corvus
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:56 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I like the basic concept of this deck! However, pain id not suitable here. The arena’s are not worth it i guess. Plus you don’t have a way to set up your mana fast.

I disagree with FM on the Terramorphic Expanse thingy, i’d say make ’em 4. Speeds up and thins the deck. Excellent!!!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
physcosick
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:31 am
It doesn’t speed anything up, it just replaces a land and lowers your chance of drawing lands during your turn.

Why wouldn’t this deck want to draw a land? The 2 combo pieces cost 5 mana and there is no form of accel. example:

say he runs 23 lands
he need to get to 5 mana to have some fun.
He plays 4 terramorphic expanses
Essentially he is now playing with 19 lands... hear me out
You play an expanse and tap it to put the land into tap (one reason why it is slow, your replacing a potential untapped land for a tapped one) he now has 18 real lands in his deck.
His chance of drawing a land has lowered some

He is slightly less likely to draw lands during his turn so it is slightly harder for him to reach the 5 mana he needs in time.

Also! That means he is less likely to reveal a land to his confidant... so it’s gonna deal him massive ammounts of damage over the course of a few turns. Definetly not excellent.

Terramorphic expanses are a no, imo.
Physco's Like List: Felipe Musco, Elflvr, yerkamig, theOmnipotentOne, AgentDrake

Physco's Ban List:
NBarden
corvus
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:48 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Oh, yeah then, that makes sence. Think

I had just been taught that those Onslaught painlands are reallu cool, and it seems the same to me, except for the tapping thing. Whatever.

It still seems hard to me with so few lands. You just depend no getting the 5th one? about 5 rounds of game with no big-time support except damnation and some expensive counter-spells? Seems kinda rough to me.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
physcosick
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 12:52 pm
The onslaught lands are really cool, but generally speaking this is a totally different format. The normal deck in extended has a very low curve unless they are tron based. Legacy is even lower...

This deck has a higher curve and which is another reason why i greatly disapprove of dark confidant in the deck, especially with expanses.

It is not bad for decks in extended or legacy to run confidant and fetch lands because of their low curve. It thins out their deck cause they have atleast 2 lands in their opening hand (including fetches) so they can afford to lower the ammoun of lands they draw in any given turn.

Not to mention the fact that those lands can get duals that can come into play untapped.
Physco's Like List: Felipe Musco, Elflvr, yerkamig, theOmnipotentOne, AgentDrake

Physco's Ban List:
NBarden

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)