LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Shelob, Menace?

5 (Best)  
26%
  [ 6 ]  26%

39%
  [ 9 ]  39%

21%
  [ 5 ]  21%

8%
  [ 2 ]  8%

1 (Worst)  
4%
  [ 1 ]  4%

Total Votes : 23
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:35 am
Very good point Thranduil, and also i think they didnt make her enduring because she would have been ridiculously good and you’d never had used the old one.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Piecesofeight
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:43 am
Thranduil wrote:
I have a feeling that Shelob, Menace wasn’t enduring because Brad said at one point that it ’wasn’t a block mechanic’ (or he may have said that about something else) which is the same reason there’s no toil, muster, lurker or initiative in the Hunters block.

Thranduil

So what? She is an 8 cost 8 strength minion.
Thranduil
Posted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:48 am
Piecesofeight wrote:
Thranduil wrote:
I have a feeling that Shelob, Menace wasn’t enduring because Brad said at one point that it ’wasn’t a block mechanic’ (or he may have said that about something else) which is the same reason there’s no toil, muster, lurker or initiative in the Hunters block.

Thranduil

So what? She is an 8 cost 8 strength minion.

Yep! But she does have the advantage of being Shelob!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 8:44 pm
Well, this is cool I guess, I’m not a big Gollum culture user so I shouldn’t criticize. At least it’s lacking the Enduring Keyword.
Piecesofeight
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 12:09 pm
An 8 cost 8 strength minion who does nothing when she cannot win skirmishes is lame.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 3:16 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
Well, this is cool I guess, I’m not a big Gollum culture user so I shouldn’t criticize. At least it’s lacking the Enduring Keyword.

Shelob, Eater of Light is not enduring, but very close. Wink
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon May 21, 2007 6:55 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Piecesofeight wrote:
An 8 cost 8 strength minion who does nothing when she cannot win skirmishes is lame.

Cannot win skirmishes? Who says Shelob’s not winning skirmishes? Countless Cords is one pump that’ll be working wonders. And I’m sure that there’s more in the set as well.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 9:42 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Piecesofeight wrote:

Cannot win skirmishes? Who says Shelob’s not winning skirmishes? Countless Cords is one pump that’ll be working wonders. And I’m sure that there’s more in the set as well.

in a ninja gollum deck you dont usually have pumps for shelob, she’s there to aid gollum in his killing off the fellowship... ill keep using Shelob, Her Ladyship
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit