LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
TheJord
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:03 pm
What happens if this card is played on Sam, Bearer of Great Need when he is the ring-bearer?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:12 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I think he’d be reduced to his stats alone, which would make him only 5 resistance. Ouch! He could still be the RB, since his resistance is ringed, but that’s a potentially HUGE drop in resistance. That could mean instant corruption if done right. Twisted Evil

Has there been some errata about that card, or did it slip through the cracks?
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:21 pm
have checked the site
http://lotrtcg.fanhq.com/Resources/PDF/LOTR-CRD-EN.pdf
and there is no update so helpless would do exactly what it says it does to poor old RB Sam
guess it sucks to be him as a ring bearer almost as much as it suckes when its on elf warrior sam Very Happy
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:34 pm
Just remember that Frodo, Frenzied Fighter must be in play for you to play Helpless, since it requires spotting Frodo. Smile

And I see no reason for it to be errata-ed, because if you did use Helpless in your deck then most of the time it’d be worthless since Sam is rarely used alongside Frodo.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:36 pm
sam is always used alongside frodo in hobbit decks and with all the recent hobbit love those decks have gotten theres no reason not to have it in an isegn deck at all
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:37 pm
Even if Sam is always used in a Hobbit deck (which he isn’t; he’s almost always used, but not always), you’ll only be playing against Hobbits a small percentage of the time and against anything else it’s a wasted card slot.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:40 pm
it all depends on the meta in your area or online if you play there. i play online alot and im usually facing hobbits or rohan or hunters, rarely dwarf. so for me one card that can shut down an annoy as hell hobbit deck aint a waste of a spot its fairly handy and its only one spot when in a good deck that cycles and is easy to burn if you aint using it
so i guess to each thier own, evaluate your meta and make your own choice Smile
TheJord
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:41 pm
Erm, AC and locutusaborg could you just answer my question please?
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
locutusaborg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 6:42 pm
the card text of helpless would still aplly on RB sam
Foresight
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 9:56 pm
Which is why I stick to standard, or just don’t use Sam RB in expanded. Thumbs Up
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions