LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
NBarden
Posted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:09 pm
--- description ---
A Gandalf signet deck revolving around a Frodo, Sam, and Gandalf core with other Gandalf signet companions for Trust Me power.
--- end description ---

The Gandalf/Frodo/Sam deck is one of my favorites. In case you don’t know, it revolves around Frodo (pretty much any except Frodo, Frenzied Fighter), Sam, Great Elf Warrior and Gandalf, Leader of Men for crazy strength pumps.

Here’s a Gandalf signet version of it.

(33 cards)

Frodo, Tired Traveler
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Sam, Great Elf Warrior
Gandalf, Leader of Men

Merry, Rohirrim Squire (Pull with the Green Dragon Inn)
Pippin, Sworn to Service x 2
Aragorn, Driven by Need x 2

Hobbit Sword x 3
Sting, Weapon of Heritage
Glamdring, Foe-Hammer
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken

Trust Me As You Once Did x 2

Fates Entwined x 4
Sudden Fury x 4
Not the First Halfling x 2
G for Grand x 4
Measure of Comfort x 2

Alatar, Final Envoy
Pallando, Far-Taveling One

Pretty self-explanatory. Beat everything up. Pump to insane strength and kill everything. Sting and Glamdring have burden peeling, for G for Grand.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:28 am
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
Gandalf’s wisdom might be a nice addition
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:31 am
Cut not the first halfling for more trust me as you once did. The exertions are better cost to benefit.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:45 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I think, if I ever make an actual deck, it will include Merry, Rohirrim Squire, Pippin, Sworn to Service, and Aragorn, Driven by Need. The combo of the three of them is AMAZING.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
legoles3333
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:06 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
ok Shadowfax, Greatheart
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:51 pm
I got a deck similar to this. I start all four hobbits use 4 copies of a promise. I use that gandalf that has the gandalf signet and is strength 9. Aragorn is a good thought and nice addition. I don’t use G for Grand though. It is not a bad thought however.
Dravius
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:55 pm
I would replace Not the fist Halfling for Narya and Gandalf’s Staff, Ash Staff.
That would give you a 6 vitality Gandalf, just what you need to exert a lot for trust me as you once did.
NBarden
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:53 pm
Truste Me can only be used twice though. And the Trust Me strategy is really a back up. And I really like NOt the First Halfling, it provides great pumping for the unbound guys.

How do I incorporate A Promise?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
FortunesRazor
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:34 am
You’re probably not going to be able to and keep it at 33 cards. I don’t use fates entwined but after looking at it I really like the potential there. If one hobbit wins it can make up for the rest losing. My thought was to make sam and frodo the main fighters and use trust me and the threats as secondary stuff.

Actually now that I think about it, I think that deck uses everyone knows and Skinbark, Fladriff with ent draughts, too.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded