LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Destroyers And Usurpers?

5 (Best)  
42%
  [ 6 ]  42%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
28%
  [ 4 ]  28%

Total Votes : 14
Apopatos
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 4:53 am
All I am saying is that I find meaningless to have 3 cards that do the same thing. It is not more balanced since the result is the same. Also tell me, why someone need defender bonuses since there is the faithful stone today Confused
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 7:25 am
In my opinion, there really shouldn’t be more than one card per culture that does exactly the same thing. It leads to a lessening of the cultural identity that the different minion cultures are supposed to have. Nor should there be a card with this type of effect that can be splashed in just any deck. This allows any culture to have a "swarms" feel since there is no way to defend against multiple minions on the free peoples’ part. The swarm feel should be pretty much just an orc thing since they are so plentiful and breed so quickly.

By splashing this in a Men deck you give them the same swarm feel, but there really weren’t that many men who actually fought against the free peoples of Middle Earth.

Cultural enforcement for a special ability such as this should be required. Cultural enforcement seems to have been forgotten by the designers as an essential game play element.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
FortunesRazor
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:16 am
I’m not sweating this card that much, and I kind of wish there would be a few more cards like in Elf Lords where they were trying to make minion cultures mix. I do think this card is semi-overpowered, but I just don’t think it will be a game breaker that often.

If the scenario was I was playing corsairs, actually had a def+1 companion, and this card prevented it, I might get upset.

But if I were facing Orc I don’t think I’d be that upset.

I think if it were culturally reinforced it would be fine.

trapped and alone is culturally enforced, and keep in mind those orcs are on average 7-8 strength. And the damage bonuses are from the possesions. Gimli would still have his dam+1 and the dwarven rings would still work because they are artifacts.

As for faithful stone, that is pretty overpowered.
raptor22
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:34 pm
FortunesRazor wrote:
If the scenario was I was playing corsairs, actually had a def+1 companion, and this card prevented it, I might get upset.

But if I were facing Orc I don’t think I’d be that upset.

I think if it were culturally reinforced it would be fine.

I completely agree.
TheShyzle
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 5:57 pm
That is the whole thing about all the complaining about overpowered cards when for years Corsairs have been a dominating force in most tournaments online and I know I have won a tourney with them once myself. They have everything covered. Possession removal, condition removal, hand extention, twilight generation of sorts in the shadow phase, and not to mention Fierce in Despair. But no one is saying ban or errata Black Sails of Umbar or Ships of Great Draught. Why do you think a box of SoG still sells for 70 or 80 bucks. Corsairs are tougher than orcs.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 6:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Agreed, people just like to vent on the last sets, especially the new cultures, because they don’t like the new cultures, or because the game-winners are easier to spot.

(Minor detail: some "Players Council" actually did ban Black Sails, because-according to them-"Swarm is stupid" End quote. One of the reasons why I think PPE is ridiculous)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:44 pm
The fact is that the card was poorly made. It’s just lacking cultural enforcement, and it’s incredibly cheap and easy to use.

It may not be a tournament-worthy card, but it’d sure not make me happy if an Uruk swarm walked right past my Aragorn, Ranger of the North in casual play.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 7:10 am
TheShyzle wrote:
Why do you think a box of SoG still sells for 70 or 80 bucks. Corsairs are tougher than orcs.
Ummm... Possibly because it was "short printed" and Decipher didn’t do a second run of it like they did of Battle of Helm’s Deep.

For reference see this article here: Siege of Gondor Sold Out!

What they initially put in the pipeline is all that there is or ever will be since they didn’t keep any in their warehouses.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Apopatos
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 9:45 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Agreed, people just like to vent on the last sets, especially the new cultures, because they don’t like the new cultures, or because the game-winners are easier to spot.

(Minor detail: some "Players Council" actually did ban Black Sails, because-according to them-"Swarm is stupid" End quote. One of the reasons why I think PPE is ridiculous)

GP
"...I stomp round and round, / Never lie on the ground, / Not even to die. / Oliphaunt am I..."

Apop's trading list
My references
Your deck is small...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit