LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Anautikus
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 3:06 am
the mordor fiend strategy is one crazy one, of many that i’ve heard of.

but people say how you can get ur whole evil cycled out. but wuldnt that mean dicarding the rest of ur deck?

also, wih dark lord’s summons, it requires u to discard the revealed card and one from hand, if its not Sauron. so if u had a clump of good coming up in ur deck, u might have to discard a good hand of evil, if u were trying to set up.

so wuldn’t this strategy essentially lose lots more than gaining, or am i missing something here?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:56 am
Pair with a mega filter deck that plays your FP, namely, Saved from the Fire massive filtering.

Or an Erkenbrand’s Horn deck. Then you have nothing BUT Sauron cards in your deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheShyzle
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:04 am
I never seen the combo before. It would help if someone would post the combo or a link for it if it has already been done.
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:18 am
Simple. Play your FP side, draw your deck with The Dark Lord’s Summons.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
TheShyzle
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:26 am
That is not the original combo with Mordor Fiend. Do you know how the combo works?
LOOK HERE:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=5185
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:24 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it used foes of mordor to generate twilight, to play guys to generate more twilight with another one, to play more cheapies and repeat the process. my question is couldn’t the whole broken combo have been fixed by changing it to when you play?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
locutusaborg
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:30 pm
dont you mean forces of mordor Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:34 pm
If I recall correctly the best combo has 4 Mordor Fiends and 4 Underdeeps of Moria in the deck. If you got a Fiend and Underdeeps at site 4 or 5, you cycle through your deck grabbing all Moria minions. You manipulate the twilight pool while doing this so that 2 tokens remain, and then since the Fiend is roaming and you can spot less than 3 twiight you get to add 5 more, making 7. Play 4 Goblin Runners, adding 4 twilight, and then play Goblin Backstabber x4 + Goblin Sneak x4 + Goblin Scrabbler x3. That’s 16 minions for 5 twilight.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Glamdring
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 2:06 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
If I recall correctly the best combo has 4 Mordor Fiends and 4 Underdeeps of Moria in the deck. If you got a Fiend and Underdeeps at site 4 or 5, you cycle through your deck grabbing all Moria minions. You manipulate the twilight pool while doing this so that 2 tokens remain, and then since the Fiend is roaming and you can spot less than 3 twiight you get to add 5 more, making 7. Play 4 Goblin Runners, adding 4 twilight, and then play Goblin Backstabber x4 + Goblin Sneak x4 + Goblin Scrabbler x3. That’s 16 minions for 5 twilight.

- AC

Talk about broken. Cool, thanks for sharing that AC!
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:21 am
I knew the best combo had moria in it, nice one AC thats the one i remember being the reason it was x-ed. Cheers! Mr. Green
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions