LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun May 27, 2007 2:43 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:
? I think those would be considered unloaded what do you mean by mutually exclusive?

That it’s either one or the other. Ring-bound is not an unloaded keyword, because it has a few rules attached to it, namely the bound-unbound thing. And yet, it’s not like a full-blown loaded keyword either.

Exactly - assuming you (by you, I mean anyone playing in the example game) use no cards that provide bonuses/penalties for Ring-bound/Unbound, it has absolutely no effect. As opposed to enduring, for example, which is effective on the card alone.

However, if you have a companion that gains Ring-bound, it automatically loses unbound (and, I suppose, the same if it loses Ring-bound, it gains unbound). I realize the only way this works so far is with a normally unbound alternate Ring-bearer with The One Ring. Which obviously gives it an effect that other unloaded keywords don’t have (unless card classes are considered unloaded keywords, I suppose).
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
Hedgehog81
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:31 am
My thoughts

if we look at some shadow cards like Ugluk, Ugly Fellow,or the recent Tracking the Prize (the first come in my head) and first of all

Cirith Ungol Watchman

we read sentences like

"each character/companion skirmishing...." we know that FP char can be defender +1 so we could have a companion against 2 minions,never happened we had 2 companions against a minion

what about if this "fellowship" keyword let 2 companions skirmish together?

Afterall Gimli fought side by side with Aragorn in front of the gate at Helm’s Deep,Merry and Pippin charge the uruk together at Amon Hen and together defeat Boromir during a journey break in the first movie.

I know in some case could be very overpowered,but if you have 2 hobbits toghether you have a simple not overpowered 6 strength companion Mr. Green
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
spartiatis
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:48 am
What i would like to see, is the "fellowship" companions being able to be all together in the starting fellowship.
And then maybe a balancing rule like: Each companion is resistance -1 for each companion with "fellowship" in the dead pile.
But it is too good a dream to become true.
manwë
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 11:51 am
Hedgehog81 wrote:
My thoughts

if we look at some shadow cards like Ugluk, Ugly Fellow,or the recent Tracking the Prize (the first come in my head) and first of all

Cirith Ungol Watchman

we read sentences like

"each character/companion skirmishing...." we know that FP char can be defender +1 so we could have a companion against 2 minions,never happened we had 2 companions against a minion

Afterall Gimli fought side by side with Aragorn in front of the gate at Helm’s Deep,Merry and Pippin charge the uruk together at Amon Hen and together defeat Boromir during a journey break in the first movie.

I know in some case could be very overpowered,but if you have 2 hobbits toghether you have a simple not overpowered 6 strength companion Mr. Green

I really like your idea ! give you a GP
Parfois on se demande si la vie a un sens puis on rencontre des personnes qui redonnent un sens à la vie.

♀♂ ♥
fishfleas
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 1:30 pm
Hedgehog81 wrote:
My thoughts

Cirith Ungol Watchman

we read sentences like

You know with the right balancing of card text, this actually probably wouldn’t be all that overpowered....

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End