LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
How playable is Elven Armaments?

5 (Best)  
55%
  [ 10 ]  55%

33%
  [ 6 ]  33%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

5%
  [ 1 ]  5%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 18
raptor22
Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:43 pm
Yeah, you might have to play Strange-looking men with a pavise and then move all the possessions off one character before moving this.
teolixx
Posted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 9:12 am
to clear this out...
i’ll write how i understand this card and please anyone correct me where i’m wrong.

"to play, bearer must not be bearing any possessions."
in order to play this card you must choose a companion who does not bear any possession,
"bearer must be a Elven companion"
you can play it only on an elf,
"bearer cannot bear any other possessions"
after you play this possession you can’t play any other possession to him.

if you want to transfer it to an other companion now,
the first sentence doesn’t matter, because the card is already in play.
you can tranfer it only to an elf.
but the third sentence comes only as an effect that happens after the possession is tranfered.

so, as i understand it, if you want to transfer it to a companion you must only meet the requirement of the second sentence.
locutusaborg
Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:02 am
you can only transfer it to a companion who has no possesions on them ( an elf) the card is just like flame of the west, in a way ( aragorn can only bear that and no other weapons at all no bow knife etc etc)so if you wanna transfer it from say arwen to galadriel galadriel has to be bearing no weapons in order for her to recieve it
Olorin
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:38 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Awesome boosts, even considering it prohibits you from bearing other possessions (though not artifacts or conditions, so you can still pump other ways).

The big drawback, in my opinion, comes when you try to play it on a unique Elven companion: it eliminates the archery Elves excel at. This means you better either play it on a non-unique Elf (interesting way of forcing that, D) or plan on using Elves for skirmishing only.

Still, a very neat card. It’s hard to give it a 5 with that drawback, but a 4 is definately deserved.

Gandalf men got a nearly same possession (Beorning Axe); why get elves the same possession; they are already hard to kill and now . how do you want to beat the elves... that Gandalf men get such a possession, that is obviously necessary but the elves? In addition to that, now they can get rid off the whole archery phase and so they are immune against raider or Orc archery! How can (strong) elves and (weak) gandalf men get the same possession?
Glamdring
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:02 pm
Wow, this card is AWESOME!! Expecially when combined with Cirdan, the shipwright, He can wreak havoc to huge minions. Another cool this is the [ring] Galadriel.
Great minds think alike.~CarpeGuitarrem
Rangers will rule the World!! (CC's Official Ranger Lover)
My Haves/Wants Please look!!

...much debate much hard feelings. ~SOP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit