LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Arthur_Pendragon
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:27 pm
--- description ---
Essentially this is a zombie deck.
--- end description ---

Land:
22 Basic Swamp

Creatures:
2 Corpulent Corpse
4 Deathspore Thallid
4 Festering Goblin
4 Lord of Undead
4 Nantuko Husk
4 Undead Warchief
4 Withered Wretch

Enchantments:
4 Bad Moon

Instants:
4 Sudden Death
4 Tendrils of Corruption

The present form of this deck tries to use fast zombie play (with Festering Goblin, Withered Wretch, and Deathspore Thallid) to get in the early hits, then using Bad Moon, Lord of the Undead, and Undead Warchief to make all of the collective zombies bigger and more threatening. Sudden Death and Tendrils of Corruption are aimed to point removal (and to some measure the benefit of a little life). Corpulent Corpse is meant as an early drop (suspend for one) and once it appears and is hopefully buffed by its friends, it uses its fear to punch through and deal more damage hopefully for the win.

At one point I was aiming at using Skirk Ridge Exhumer to produce more Fester Goblin tokens (perhaps to be sacked to Nantuko Husk). However, I could never get him to work right (as I often tried using madness cards, such as Grave Scrabbler for him, but more often I would get him out too late, and have to hard cast Grave Scabbler). Sad

I was also thinking of putting it Korlash, Heir to the Blackblade, but was unable to find any of him.

I’d like to do more interesting stuff with this deck, than just the zombie beatdown (all though that is fun), but try to take more advantage of other mechanics. For some reason I really loved the idea of producing lots of Festering Goblins. Sad

Also, would Coat of Arms be better here (I own 3) than Bad Moon (sure it’s cheaper and plays faster, but its bonus is much less).

Any other suggestions are welcome.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:08 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Coat of Arms is a sort of finisher, you drop it down and win. Period. If you want bigger creatures for a beatdown, that Bad Moon is your weapon of choice. Also, Bad Moon let’s you use other creatures as well. I’d suggest you use the Exhumer, plus any other discard otlets (even Crown of Oblivion) so you can get Bridge from Below in your graveyard. From there, you can sac creatures for the Husk and STILL get some Zombie tokens! Also, I’d pack Nether Traitor, since you can sac him to get Zombie Tokens, and basically return him at will to the game. Also, you need some way to draw more cards (I’d use Phyrexian Arena), and some way to squeeze in Magus of the Coffers, so you can produce A TON of black mana, and you can then use Consume Spirit instead of the mana-costly Tendrils, since your deck already have a high mana curve.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)