LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
wraithful
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:14 am
If a shadow player moves a card from one companion to another, with a card like strange looking men for example, is this considered transferring from one companion to another? And if so, does the free peoples player have to pay for that transfer?
Foresight
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:31 am
No. Normally you’d pay the twilight on the card to transfer the card. (Notice how I worded that) However, cards such as Strange-Looking Men say that you do this cost INSTEAD (Of adding twilight) to transfer whatever card. Same goes for followers.
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
BattleWarg
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:07 pm
Foresight wrote:
However, cards such as Strange-Looking Men say that you do this cost INSTEAD (Of adding twilight) to transfer whatever card. Same goes for followers.

Actually, looking at it, it doesn’t say instead.

I mean, if you play from somewhere other than hand (for example A Wizard is Never Late), you still have to pay for it.

And when you do something in place, it’s usually specifically said ’do this instead’ - Easiest example The One Ring, The Ruling Ring (add a burden instead).

I’m not completely sure one way or another, but I’d actually learn towards you do, unless it’s been said in the rules otherwise.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:12 pm
You only pay the cost of the possession if you transfer it during the fellowship phase using the normal rules-based transfer. If you transfer in any other way, it’s free.
All cards do what they say.
BattleWarg
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:57 pm
bibfortuna25 wrote:
You only pay the cost of the possession if you transfer it during the fellowship phase using the normal rules-based transfer. If you transfer in any other way, it’s free.

Of course, as an action you can take during the fellowship phase, it has a cost.

So that’s right.
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions