LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
How playable is The Witch-king, Dark Lord.?

5 (Best)  
14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

57%
  [ 8 ]  57%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

14%
  [ 2 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 14
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:25 am
The worst of the new nazgul, together with attea d'oh!
Dravius
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:16 am
I disagree that this one is useless. Play it in a moving this way deck with Drawn to its power x4. You should have a handfull of nazgul soon enough. Play this WK with two other nazgul (lemenya and otsea for example) and make sure you have your 3 other lemenya and otsea in hand (this can be done easily with moving this way.

Your with-king can now be 26 strenght, overwhelm a character, add 4 burdens (5 on slag mounds). With hatred stired in play, you can recycle some unique nazgul. All you need is to kill 3 companions and this guy can easily make a difference in a drawn to its power deck, especialy if you play ulaire cantea, black assassin to kill each time he can.
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
LeoKula
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:43 am
Dravius wrote:
I disagree that this one is useless. Play it in a moving this way deck with Drawn to its power x4. You should have a handfull of nazgul soon enough. Play this WK with two other nazgul (lemenya and otsea for example) and make sure you have your 3 other lemenya and otsea in hand (this can be done easily with moving this way.

Your with-king can now be 26 strenght, overwhelm a character, add 4 burdens (5 on slag mounds). With hatred stired in play, you can recycle some unique nazgul. All you need is to kill 3 companions and this guy can easily make a difference in a drawn to its power deck, especialy if you play ulaire cantea, black assassin to kill each time he can.

this could even work disconsidering elven archery, rangers, rohan with swordthain, shadowplay / unheeded decks, any smeagol, always helps, slaked thirsts / preparations deck... any of these would eat your lonely WK alive Twisted Evil

still you could play ir for fun, but I’d rather the old black captain with between nazgul and prey !
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:17 am
and wounding wouldn’t kill BNaP with the WK? Rolling Eyes

You see, everyone’s arguing that this is a bad card for existing decktypes, without realizing that it makes a new deck. Pack every Nazgul you ever thought you could need, then use this guy and Enquea to cycle and win skirmishes, and recur with Hatred Stirred. Riders in Black is a cool strength pump to.

I’d give this guy a chance in a completely new deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:42 pm
Riders In Black, Hatred Stirred, this guy...

Thanks for the idea, NB! GP
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:54 pm
Thanks. Everyone’s trying to stick him in a deck already there, but this guy demands his own deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:47 am
Wonderful picture and lore, and he opens up a whole new decktype.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End