LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
yosifkit
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:40 pm
I saw the new cards in the LOTR TCG online card manager and decided that I wanted to create the huge Gandalf (and others) deck using some Age’s End cards.

Deck and some Strategy
----------------------------

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry
Gandalf, Wise Guide

4x Radagast, The Brown
1x Treebeard, Keeper of The Watchwood
1x Brand, King of Dale
1x Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain
4x Stern Words
4x Strength in my Blood
2x Radagast’s staff
1x Gandalf’s Staff
1x Narya
2x Radagast’s Herb Bag
1x Glamdring, Foe-Hammer
1x Glamdring, Lightning Brand
2x Terrible and Evil
1x Perspective
1x Deep in Thought
4x Servant of the Secret Fire
3x Have Patience
2x Saved from the Fire
2x Borne far Away
2x Out of the High Airs
2x Sent Back
4x Strength of Spirit
1x Fireworks

So far this is a very rough deck build and needs to be cut down. The main strat is to get Gandalf with the four Stern Words and four Strength in my blood, along with sword, staff, bag and ring. This makes Gandalf a 23 strength with 8 vitality (9 if i threw in an Ent draught). The great thing is that when gandalf wins you can let another companion use the Stern words and win also. Terrible and Evil, Perspective, and the bag w/ strength of spirit protects from Grima. Gandalf’s ability will stop any event. Treebeard can get the conditions back if you lose them.

I may need threat removal, maybe a diff ring for Isildur, get rid of treebeard, men, and kill companion stuff(saved from fire, sent back)?....

I have not even tried this deck, I need to cut it down and find some minions to match with it. I only want to use original minions (sets 1-10), because I do not like the newer minions nor do I have very many. Right now I have an awesome Easterling wound minion set that may work if I can get this Gandalf set to around 40 cards with fair cycling.

So I am looking for help with this free people’s side and a cool minion side from sets 1-10. Maybe Uruk bomb (using the actual bomb and torchbearer).

---------------------------------
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:16 pm
Cut Saved from the Fire, Brand, Terrible and Evil and Borne Far Away, along with Glamdring, Lightning-Brand. (2 different Glamdrings?)

Add Beorning Axe and Pallando. Maybe add Alatar, Gwaihir, and Meneldor with 4x Strange Meeting. If you do, cut all Servant of the Secret Fire.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
yosifkit
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:39 pm
Thanks for the ideas. Anyone have minion ideas for sets 1-10?
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:04 pm
Moria Swarm, Sauron Besiegers, Twilight Nazzies, Enduring Nazzies, Morcs, Corsairs, Southron Wounding (Ambush or Rout), Under foot, Southron Archery Beasterlings, Uruk Site Control, Uruk-Hai Swarm, Isengard Orcs, Ninja Gollum. I can give you a decklist for any of these if you want one. (Except Morcs, they’re not my cup of tea).

I wouldn’t play Under Foot or Uruk-hai Swarm. To many events in the FP. Uruk-hai Site Control Swarm and Moria Swarm have enough recursion and stacking to be able to swarm well.

Anything else should work well.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats