LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Anautikus
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:17 am
wait so wat if someone uses grond to remove a companion from the deck even though one is already in play? can they do that? o.O
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
Hedgehog81
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:58 am
Grond ask u to remove up to 2 FP cards not specify the source of this cards,altought if it’s not specified it’s always "in game" cards
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
Anautikus
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:59 am
but does removing another copy of a companion from the deck remove the one out on the field from play also?
My Haves/Wants
Let's Trade! Cool

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you..."
bibfortuna25
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:22 am
No. It only removes cards from the deck.
All cards do what they say.
Hedgehog81
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:29 am
So Bib,

After 1000 posts we finally found the solution

GROND ONLY FROM DECK

I always used it as remover "from deck",but I heard that u could remove people from game,and obiouvsly it’s a better thing.

so

Let it be Known

GROND REMOVE ONLY FROM DECK

If a Judge at europeans will make me lose a match overruning this rule,I will become very Mad Mad Mad angry
"Southrons were bold men and grim, and fierce in despair..."
BattleWarg
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:50 am
Hedgehog81 wrote:
After 1000 posts we finally found the solution

GROND ONLY FROM DECK

Wha?

If you’re using this reply:
bibfortuna25 wrote:
No. It only removes cards from the deck.

I believe it was a response to this question: (although, I admit, I could be wrong)
Anautikus wrote:
but does removing another copy of a companion from the deck remove the one out on the field from play also?

If you’re not using that response, what response are you talking about? Bib’s first response? If so, why’d you wait so long to say anything to this effect?

That said, I think that the ’default from play’ only applies to discarding. See: Anarion, Lord of Anorien - if it applied to all, then he would have to play a Gondor skirmish event from play. Unless there’s a more specific one for this...
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
corvus
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:11 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
I believe the card is pretty clear, whoever thinks/used to think Grond removes FP cards from play needs a coffee. That is why sometimes Bib doesn’t respond, he finds questions ridiculous to answer to.

Even if the Ring-bearer could be removed from the game, that would only insure the FPs victory, since he would be practically immune to corruption and killing.
Last edited by corvus on Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in totalClick here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:00 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
like smeagol stacked on nice fish before it was erratred Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
spartiatis
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:39 pm
corvus wrote:
I believe the card is pretty clear, whoever thinks. used to think Grond removes FP cards from play needs a coffee. That is why sometimes Bib doesn’t respond, he finds questions ridiculous to answer to.

Even if the Ring-bearer could be removed from the game, that would only insure the FPs victory, since he would be practically immune to corruption and killing.

It is exactly as you put it, but people tend to try to ove-examine cards and find a way to "exploit" them.
If we were always that scholastic with cards, we could also possibly play Pippin HosI from our binder to remove a burden.
corvus
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:39 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
spartiatis wrote:
If we were always that scholastic with cards, we could also possibly play Pippin HosI from our binder to remove a burden.

That’s the point lady and gentlemen! (yeah, this site recently got a lady). Playing cards from the binder only happens in MTG, make no mistake! Pick your TCG carefully beforehand!
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions