LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:52 am
Its not bad mate, doesnt leap out and strike you, but fairly good representation of the formats. Right now id give a 3 but could be tempted with a 4.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:01 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I gave it a 4.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
legoles3333
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:29 pm
Joined: 28 Nov 2006 Posts: 861 Location: In a place that is beyond your imagination
ok i made a HUGE number of Changes, i was gone for the week and now there are a lot new and improved things
Here's My Trade List
I have taken an oath of poverty, to annoy me, send money
I am a trained assassin catcher
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:51 pm
NBarden wrote:
I pmed you about this, but I’ll post my advice here as well.

FotR Block

Hobbit Hospital. Emphasize that you can bet a few burdens to get site 1 out for your Hobbit Farmer. Then point out Thror’s Map for site 7, so you don’t run up against Anduins Confluence problems.

Last Alliance. Add 2x Elrond, Herald to Gil-Galad, his healing ability is awesome with Greenleaf, and his auto-heal every turn is also awesome. Cut 2x Aragorn, King in Exile, you pull him with The Prancing Pony.

Twilight Nazzies. It Wants to Be Found is in the wrong section. I would cut the Gates of the Dead City, as nobody’s gonna be stupid enough to exert Frodo, or work in two additional Blade Tips. Add an extra Ulaire Otsea, Ringwraith in Twilight and 2x Nazgul Sword. Mention Eregion Hills.

Sauron Corruption. Add in a FP side. This is extremely important. Cut 2x His Cruelty and Malice, 2x thin and Stretched, and 1 The Irresistible Shadow. Add 4x Orc Inquisitor, and 2x Tower Assassin. (FotR block Sauron with no Tower Assassin?!?!?!)

Moria Swarm- Cut and Enquea and an Ancient Chieftain for 2x Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur. Cut 2x Goblin Flankers for the Underdeeps of Moria.

I would swap the order around to…

5. Hobbit Hospital.

4. Dwarf/Sauron Discarding Corruption.

3. Twilight Nazgul

2. Last Alliance

1. Moria Swarm

TT Block

Dunlendings- I would run them with Hillman Band and No Retreat. Sweet site control combo. Along with Hillman Rabble, Dunlending Looter, and Dunlending Elder, sweet combo. Dunlending Headman is a good way to control sites, if played right.

Uruk Site Control- the best Isengard site control is run with swarm. Down to the Last Child, Uruk-Hai Horde, Uruk-Hai Mob, and a bunch of dirt cheap Uruks. Load up Attack on Helm’s Deep and seize control of site after site. Banner of Isengard is awesome as well.

Ents- Why the hobbit swords for people who discard themselves? Nice deck, cut the hobbit swords.

Elves- Nice. Aragorn, Defender of Free Peoples would be a good addition. Drop Blades Drawn for him, and use the Riddermark. If not, consider Fereveldir, Son of Thandroden.

Three Hunters- No wounding? Shocked QUICK! 4X Baruk Khazad, and 4x Quick as May Be. Behold the White Rider, since you’re running Gandalf, Mithrandir, Mithrandir! and Defend it and Hope. Consider Gimli, Skilled Defender over Lock-bearer.

Ring-Bound Rangers- I know its not in your list, but that’s the point. They should be number one. Rolling Eyes

RotK Block

Besiegers- Other than not being number 1, no problem. I think you can use reflections cards in king block, if so, Sauron is nice. If not, someone correct me.

Rohan- Shouldn’t be in here. Rohan wasn’t a viable deck really. To easy to kill. A Saved from the Fire deck should be in this place.

Sauron Uruk-Hai- More strategy.

Noble Leaders- No Guarded City? This would be a perfect place to use Saved from the Fire with Gandalf, Leader of men, BTW.

Elvents- Question Elvents weren’t viable until the release of EME DDB. I would cut them.

You’re missing Rout wounding and ENDURING NAZGUL CORRUPTION!!!!!!!! *whacks over head* What is King Block without Enduring Nazzies?!?!? Cut Rohan and Elvents for these decks.

Currently, you’re getting a three. Add some more strategy, a synopsis of the block’s play environment, and most popular decks, new mechanics, etc. Currently, your article is a bunch of deck thrown together.

I don’t think it’s polite of you to write this to the article’s writer. Is this HIS article or YOURS? Actually I think you’re being very arrogant.

You’re not reviewing the article at all, you are telling him what to write and how to write it. Formating is one thing, but you’re basicly telling him what to include and what to take from the article... are you some kind of authority around here Confused ? If you would or wouldn’t write about something, well that affects your article but as far as I know this is his article and he choses what to put in.

Anyway I didn’t get all this "do this, do that" thing...
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:50 pm
Its a suggestion. Ultimately, he gets to write what he wants to write, but that’s what reviewing does, is help make an article best, point out spots he missed, etc. If trying to help is being arrogant, then I guess I’m arrogant.

Reviewing is for helping the author improve an article.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:56 pm
LeoKula wrote:
I don’t think it’s polite of you to write this to the article’s writer. Is this HIS article or YOURS? Actually I think you’re being very arrogant.

You’re not reviewing the article at all, you are telling him what to write and how to write it. Formating is one thing, but you’re basicly telling him what to include and what to take from the article... are you some kind of authority around here Confused ? If you would or wouldn’t write about something, well that affects your article but as far as I know this is his article and he choses what to put in.

NB reviewed the article. If you don’t like the way he did it, then let him know via PM rather than cluttering up Legoles’ article.

Nice article, Legoles. A good review of the decks, but nothing was original or new. A 4 from me. Thumbs Up
I had to put something here.
LeoKula
Posted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:27 pm
Whatever Thumbs Down
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 10:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
its a good idea except when reviewing DC’s when quoting something, always post more then you quote its online etiquette
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest