LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
thonnas7
Posted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:10 pm
Alright. Haven’t been on the boards for a while. (Work, school, life...girlfriends...they all eat time.) Anyways, I’ve got a fairly decent minion side in Dunland site control, but don’t have a decent fellowship side. Hasn’t been much of a worry until recently, since I haven’t played a game in...well, one day, but before that it was a while. Razz

Anyways, I’ve got a friend coming up from Arizona who used to play all the time and he says he’s been practicing like crazy. Gave me a huge warning sign, because my only deck I ever beat him with was a Corsairs/Gondor Wraith deck...well, I traded all of those cards away. I’m confident in my minions, but I just want to think what you guys think about my Hobbit strength fellowship I’m going to build in a couple of days.

Ring-bearer: 2

Frodo, Weary From the Journey
The One Ring, Answer To All Riddles

Fellowship: [36]

x1 Sam, Great Elf Warrior [Starting]
x1 Merry, Rohirrim Squire [Starting]
x1 Pippin, Sworn to Service [Starting]
x2 Farmer Maggot, Hobbit of the Marish
x1 Bilbo, Aged Ring-bearer
x3 Westfarthing Businessman
x4 Hobbit Sword
x4 Sudden Fury
x3 A Promise
x3 There and Back Again
x1 Scouring of the Shire
x4 Hobbit Intuition
x4 Chance Observation
x2 Hobbit Stealth
x2 Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom

Like stated above, I’m fairly rusty. Don’t have all these cards yet, but want to make sure the deck would be fairly dominant in most playing areas before I buy the cards. I’m going to test the deck with blanks, as well, but I always enjoy a second opinion. Razz
Last edited by thonnas7 on Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 6:35 am
Add some scouring of the shire to protect your sudden furys and to boost the westfarthing business men. Might want to consider a frying pan if youre playing open, but thats upto you depending on your local meta.

Cheers
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:20 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
I’d use Merry, Rohirrim Squire--if you can aquire him--instead of Merry, From O’er the Brandywine. The synergy between him and Pippin, Sworn to Service is amazing. Maybe you’d want to throw in a couple Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom then to control threats (or burdens, when necessary)...you may want to do that even if you keep the current deck, just to help Pippin out. Perhaps take out a Hobbit Stealth or two to fit them in.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
thonnas7
Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 12:37 pm
Alright, edited the deck a little based on your comments and the local meta. Forgot all about Rohirrim Squire ’till you mentioned him Dain. I’ll have to pull him out of my binder.

Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom is another great card I’ve got plenty of to put in. (Boxes do that to you...) Anyways, last big tournament here threats were flying everything. That will help control the threat population.

Scouring of the Shire is a newer card I’m not familiar with, so I looked it up. I’m not too worried about my conditions getting discarded as we only really have one person who does it in our tournaments....he lives in Arizona now. He’ll be the one here next month though, so I thought I’d go buy one and stick it in. Smile Thanks guys.

Going to post a shadow side later. Don’t think I’m going to stick with Dunland site control.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open