LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:35 pm
Here’s my synopsis of T&D cards I’ve played with.

Frenzy of Arrows- Broken. Ultra NPE.

Erkenbrand’s Horn/Gamling’s Horn/New Chapter/Something Slimy- Not so broken. It kills any swarm or tank, but has little to no defense against corruption. Elven armaments does make the deck broken.

Elven Armaments- Not so broken. Only kills Orc archery. Bold and Cunning, Mumak Rider, etc save Evil Men.

The Faithful Stone- Broken. Unique and spot a Gondor man to prevent would make it balanced. Frodo alone because his buddies died, let’s waltz to site nine with all the stuff we hoarded on The Faithful Stone!

Sting of Shelob- Fun card. Not broken, as you rarely get enough twilight to play Shelob and the Sting. More of a twilight pool punisher.

Whisper in the Dark- With condition discarding that the FP has, and the horns, not broken at all. Spotting requirements would be nice, but even then, not broken. Men has no recursion for conditions, so once Namarie trashes them, they’re trashed.

Golden Perch Ale- MUAHAHA! Overpowered, not broken. Awesome combo with the Shire followers, particularly Hobitton Farmer, Lover of Pipeweed.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:32 pm
Cards I would X in Expanded format:

Elven Armaments
The Faithful Stone
Saruman, Servant of Sauron
Freely Across Our Land
New Chapter
Gil-galad, High King of the Noldor
Prized Lagan
Orkish Smith

Cards I would un-X in Expanded format:

Sting
Ottar, Man of Laketown
Relics of Moria

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
TheHobbit13
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:52 pm
why is ottar x’ed??
If you like LOTR then maybe you would like redemption ccg PM me for more info
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:27 pm
Technically, Ottar is on the R-list. He’s there (I’m assuming) because he provides too easy of a way to cycle through your deck.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
AgentDrake
Posted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:55 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Ottar + Elrond, Lord of Rivendell = lots of cards every fellowship phase and massive cycling.
That’s why he’s on there, as far as I know.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:45 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
but what about the rule of 4? not that much cycling. I don’t think Saruman deserves X’ed.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fishfleas
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:28 pm
Saruman by himself wasn’t too bad of an idea, however there are too many things that punish Followers in general that are now able to be used more offensively for a shadow because of Saruman.

These cards that have become overpowered would basically all be ok if Saruman wasn’t in the mix. Therefor the easies solution is to just X Saruman. This would also take away a card that is basically an insert into all decks card. Saruman has no cultural enforcement, and his ability is overpowered for the very minimal cost you pay for him.

My views on some of the main cards of note:

Elven Armaments, isn’t too bad in my opinion. it’s very powerful, but it may not be completely overpowered. I would have liked to have seen it unique, but I don’t think errata is the best way to go.

I agree with the comments on WHisper, there are alot of counters to it.

Faithful stone is broken. While it doesn’t do anything against Nazies, it’s main point is it forces the meta to play Nazies. No other shadow can really touch it. Most Faithful stone players will run the new gandy to prevent Uruks from using their event. Can it be played around? Somewhat, however I feel any card that basically forces the entire meta to play 1 shadow culture is not good for the meta. The concept was good, but the implementation was bad. This card shoudl be Xed.

Frenzy of Arrows I actually like, now that I’ve seen it in action. It’s great follower punishment, which is needed with all the new followers. However, it becomes broken when you have Saruman sitting in the shadow players support area. Therefore Saruman is really what is making this card an NPE, otherwise it’s just a powerful archery card which I can accept.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Treachery and Deceit